There are a lot of good high-quality polypropylene rugs to choose from available on the market right now, but are these types of rugs really safe on hardwood floor?
I have 4 polypropylene area rugs in my house and the only thing I can tell you is that polypropylene rugs will ruin and discolor your hardwood floor over time.
I’m not going to beat around the bush, I’ll just go straight to the point, do not use polypropylene rugs on your hardwood floors if you do not have a rug pad to use underneath the rug.
What is the best way to protect polypropylene rugs from damaging your hardwood floor?
The only way to keep your polypropylene rugs from ruining your hardwood floors is to use high quality rug pad such as the Mohawk Home Dual Non Slip Rug Pad.
Polypropylene rugs will slowly but surely discolor and stretch your wood floors over time that why buying a rug pad is very important if you want to make your hardwood floor last longer.
Fixing hardwood stretches can be very expensive that is why buying a rug pad is crucial.
Polypropylene rugs are super stylish and can look very good to the eye but be careful because these kinds of rugs will definitely cause problem over time.
What is the safe rug pad to use on hardwood floor if you have polypropylene rugs?
The only high-quality rug pad that is also safe to use on hardwood floors is the Mohawk Non Slip Rug Pad.
Why do I recommend this rug pad?
Because I have been using it for over 6 months now and it freaking awesome.
This rug prevents my polypropylene rugs from damaging and discoloring my floors that why I highly recommend it to people who have hardwood floors.
Are polypropylene rugs safe to use on unfinished hardwood floor?
No, do not use polypropylene rugs on any type of hardwood floors unless you have a rug pad that you can put underneath the rug.
- Polypropylene rugs are not safe on laminate hardwood floors
- Not safe on vinyl hardwood floors
- Not safe on engineered hardwood floors
- Not safe on bamboo hardwood floors
- Not safe to use on no wax hardwood floors
- Not safe to use on waxed hardwood floors
- Not safe to use on finished hardwood floors
- Not safe to use on unfinished hardwood floors
Please do not use a polypropylene rug on your wooden floors if you do not have a rug pad because you are going to be very disappointed.
CLICK HERE TO BUY ON AMAZON
Will this rug pad protect your hardwood floors from polypropylene rugs?
Yes, it will…
- It will prevent your rugs from discoloring your floor
- It will prevent your rugs from stretching your floor
- It will prevent your rugs from causing serious damage to your floor
- It will keep your rugs from sliding or slipping
- It perfectly hides under the rugs
- It doesn’t shed and it compact
- You can cut it or resize it with scissors
- It will give your rugs cushion
- It makes the rugs soft to the feet
- It makes the rugs comfortable
- It adds cushion without adding too much height to the rug
- It is easy to use
- It doesn’t stretch or discolor the floor
- It fits nicely under the rug, no one is going to notice it, but make sure to cut it 1 inch less than the size of your rug
- It good for people who have children who love to sit and play on top of the carpet because this pad makes the carpet more soft and comfy
- It good for people who have pets that loves running around the house as it keeps the rug in place and prevent it from sliding.
- It comes folded in a box but I lay flat as soon as you take it out of the box
- It adds nice amount of padding
If you have inexpensive polypropylene rug than this rug pad will provide it with a non slip feature and thickness you need.
The only thing I can promise you about this rug pad is that you are going to love it.
I was very pleased with this rug pad that why I’m very positive that you are going to love it as well.
The reason I love it so much is because it has never given me any issues and it keeps my polypropylene rugs from ruining my floors.
How much does this rug pad cost?
- It is super high quality
- It is very strong
- It will last you for a few years to come
- it immediately laid flat as soon as I took it out of the box
You need to be sure to sweep and wash the floor to ensure the non-slip feature, if you use it on a floor that is not clean than it will slip and slide.
Does this rug pad work outdoors?
Yes, it does since the material is felt, I also used it under a wool rug, Infront of entry hallway and it stops the snow and liquid from soaking trough the rug on the floor beneath...
So yes, you can also use it outside.
Where can you buy this rug pad for a cheap price?
Do not buy it offline because it is ridiculously expensive when buying it locally.
Make sure to buy it online from amazon so you can get it for a much reasonable price…
I also bought it from amazon and I’m very happy with my purchase, it was delivered on time and it didn’t come with weird odor.
This rug pad adds comfort and safety, it is fantastic… I freaking love it and I highly recommend it to people who have hardwood floors especially people who have polypropylene rugs or jute backing rugs.
What are the things that I do not like about this rug?
This will probably sound too good to be true but I honestly do not have anything that I don’t like about this rug pad just because it does more than what I expected.