Most people believe that, in order to keep hardwood floors clean, you need to be a clean freak, which is not true, most of the time the only thing that you are going to need in order to keep your wood flooring clean is a high quality door mat that can trap dirt the best.
There are a lot of stylish doormat to choose from these days but most doormats are not good when it comes to trapping dirt.
So, if you are tired of dirt, mud and mess getting tracked in to your home than in this article I’m going to share the top 5 best doormat that I personally believe are good at trapping dirt to help keep your hardwood floors clean all the time.
Please note: The 4 mats included on the list are doormat that I personally used myself and the fifth doormat that I included is what my mom uses and she really like it.
- The first mat that I would recommend is the Hudson Exchange Fashion Doormat, this is not your traditional mart though, it is a water hog mat, it super strong, it traps dirt effectively and it doesn’t slip as it has a rubber backing that keeps it in place.
- The second mat that I like is the Hicorfe 0Indoor doormat, it looks good and it works like magic when it comes to trapping dirt, if you are a stylish person and looking for a mat that will make your space look a little bit more luxurious than this mat is what you should get.
- The third mat that I like is the FERETONE Indoor Doormat, it traps dirt easily, it soft as well, great for people who have pets because it was made and designed for homes that have dogs or cats since it soft to the paws and can help keep your place clean even if your pets go outside too often.
- The fourth mat that is also great when it comes to trapping dirt is the Aoonby Indoor mat, this mat is for lazy people such as myself, the reason this mat is good for lazy people is because it is machine washable, you won’t need to wash it with your bare hands once it gets dirty. You can just throw it in a washing machine.
- The fifth and last mat that I also think is good when it comes to trapping all kinds of dirt is the Dexi Indoor outdoor mat, I haven’t used this mat personally, the reason I included it on this list is because my mom has had it for like 9 months and she told me that it absorbs moisture and dirt from shoes quickly.
The Hudson mat is the most expensive doormat I’ve had and it did the job quite well until it went missing, I used it as an outdoor mat and someone stole it.
Top 5 doormat that will help keep your hardwood floors clean
Number 1. Hudson Exchange Fashion Doormat:
I have hardwood floors in my kitchen, I’ve had about 6 different doormats and the Hudson has got to be by far the best doormat I
have ever used, but unfortunately, it was stolen from my front door since I was using it as an outdoor kitchen mat.
I’ve had this mat for about 3 weeks and it trapped dirt way easier than the other doormat I’ve used, it extremely strong, it looks good, it comes with a rubber backing that will help keep it in place.
What I mostly loved about this doormat was the rubber backing, it did a very good job when it comes to keeping the mat in place, the rubber backing has raised bumps about the size of a “BB” to make it nonslip. This doormat stays in place even on high traffic areas.
The reason I recommend this doormat to people who have hardwood floors is because you can also use it as an indoor mat, it not only for outdoors, the rubber backing is safe even on hardwood flooring, it won’t harm or discolor your floors over time…
If you are looking for a doormat that will also match your hardwood floors than you really need to get this mat, it kind of stylish to help make your home look a little bit luxurious.
This is an expensive doormat, it not for everyone, the only thing that I can promise is that it is worth every penny.
Pros of the Hudson doormat:
- It perfect for the space
- If you need a doormat that doesn’t slide than this is for you, it has a cleated backing that keeps the mat in place, even your dog won’t be able to move this mat
- It traps clay, sand, silt, peat, chalk, grime, small rocks and loam… it traps anything that is stuck under your shoes to help keep the dirty shoes from scratching your hardwood floors
- It traps dirt and mud better than any other doormat I have used
- It looks good inside the house and it also looks good outside… it was made for both outdoors and indoors.
- It comes in 9 different colors that you can choose from to match the door of your home, or match the color of your hardwood floor
- It extremely easy to clean, you can just hose it using a hose pipe
- The rubber backing will also help prevent water from seeping through to the floor below.
- If you are looking for a doormat to use outside than this mat is definitely what I recommend simple because it has a premium anti-static polypropylene fiber system that makes the mat dry quickly and keep it from fading. It won’t rot even on high temperatures
Cons of the Hudson doormat:
- You can’t wash it using a washing machine, since the material is water hog
- It not cheat at all, it cost twice as much when comparing it with the other four doormats that I listed above, but it is definitely worth every penny since it does exactly what it supposed to do which is to protecting your hardwood floor
Number 2. Hicorfe Indoor doormat
This is got to be my favorite doormat when it comes to the looks and style, it makes your home look a lot more luxurious and it looks good on all types of hardwood floors.
What also made me like this doormat was the design, it is low profile design so your door won’t get stuck but it is not too thin where it feels flimsy or cheap.
When I got it, it was a bit thinner than what I expected, but I surprisingly loved it because my kitchen front door was super low profile, and it didn’t get caught in it when opening the door.
If you are looking for a doormat that is super easy to clean than this mat is exactly what you are looking for, when it gets dirty, you just shake it off outside and you are good to go or just vacuum it. I usually sweep it with a broom though.
Pros of Hicorfe Indoor doormat:
- It is by far the best stylish doormat I have ever used in terms of looks and style, it just gorgeous, it definitely makes your entrance stand out.
- One of the things that appealing about this doormat is that, it easy to clean, you can hose it or just wash it using your bare hands because it not too thick or too hard
- You can also wash it using a washing machine, best for lazy people such as myself…
- It comes in 3 different colors that you can choose from, they have black, brown and grey to help match the color of your hardwood floors
- It resist dirt extremely well
- It is low profile, you won’t have any issues when opening the door
- It is also non slip, it has a high-quality rubber backing that keeps it from sliding, great thing about the backing that comes with this doormat is that, it safe on all types of hardwood floors, it won’t discolor or stain your floors over time
- This mat has 3 different sizes to choose from to fit your entrance, they have (20”x31.5) for small doors, (24”x35) for medium doors and (32”x48) for large entrances, they designed it to work for all types of entrances
- I don’t know who designed this mat but when it comes to trapping dirt, I give it a 8 out of 10 simple because it removes dirt from shoes quite easily, it has a unique rib fabric design that works like magic when it comes to removing dirt from your shoes
Cons of Hicorfe Indoor doormat:
- If you are looking for a doormat to use outdoors than this mat is definitely not for you as it was made and designed for indoors only.
- Do not bleach this mat or else you are going to be very disappointed
- Do not expose it to the sun or else it is going to lose it color
- Another thing to note is that, do not iron it.
- The grey color is super nice and stylish but it get dirty extremely easy.
Number 3. FERETONE Indoor Doormat
This doormat is extremely good when it comes to trapping water from the shoes to make your hardwood floors last longer…
I walked out to pick up my amazon delivery package and it was raining outside, so the shoes go very wet, I wiped the wet shoes on this carpet and then walked in the kitchen hardwood floors, I didn’t even notice one drop of water on the floor.
If you have pets that likes to play outside and come back with wet paws than this doormat will do the job since they designed the mat to clean dog or cat paws easily.
Please note : this doormat was made in China, but don’t let that fool you by thinking that it is another cheap garbage rip off product from China, this doormat is premium quality, it absorbs water strongly and also dries very quickly.
It fits almost all door sizes as it comes in four different sizes that you can choose from, they have a 24”36”, 32”x48”, 16’x24” and a 20”x 31.5”.
Out of all the cheap doormat available on amazon right now that are coming from China, I personally think that this is one of the best because the material doesn’t feel cheap.
Pros of FERETONE Indoor Doormat:
- It works great on both dog paws and cat paws, I highly recommend this mat to people who have pets that likes to go outside often and come back with dirty muddy paws
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money, infect it is very cheap on top of that it feels luxurious and look very stylish to the eye.
- It easy to clean, plus it is also machine washable
- It looks good on both light or dark hardwood floors since they have 3 colors to choose from
- They have beige which is best for dark hardwood floors, they have grey which looks great on light hardwood floors and then they have chocolate which looks good on any hardwood floors.
- You are not going to find a better mat for the same price, this mat looks good on top of that it traps dirt
- In terms of looks, it has a nice subtle design that keeps it from being too boring plus it kind of brings color to the room
- I have two naughty dogs that love to go outside to play on the back yard and they often come back with dirty paws, when I used this mat, I noticed that there were no longer muddy paw prints all over my hardwood floors
Cons of FERETONE Indoor Doormat:
- It has a rubber backing, but it didn’t stay put at all, to be honest it never stays in place, it kind of punches up, slides all around, it better to put a rug pad underneath to keep in in place
- It comes folded not rolled, which leaves creases that do not wear out over time, that was my biggest disappointment with this mat but other than that, I don’t have any complains.
- Another thing to remember is that, this doormat was only made for indoors, it wasn’t designed to work as an outdoor mat… so make sure to put it inside so it can last longer
Number 4. Aoonby Indoor mat
This doormat is for lazy people, why? because it is super easy to clean, in order to keep it clean, you just have to vacuum it once or twice a week, or just put it on a washing machine, if you don’t have a vacuum or washing machine, you can easily shake it off or sweep with a broom.
When I had it, I usually used a broom to clean it, but also used my garden hose for deeper cleaning.
I only used it for bout 3 months, the reason I got rid of it was because I made a mistake of washing it using hot water and ruined it.
So, don’t make the same mistake as me by washing it with hot water, make sure to only use cold water when rinsing it. This mat was made and designed for all weather, it works great in snowy areas or rainy areas but make sure to only use it as an indoor mat because it wasn’t designed for outdoors.
If you are a stylish person than you may like this mat, it matches any décor, it looks good on all types of hardwood floors and it kind of brings color to the room.
Aoonby Indoor mat Pros:
- It absorbs moisture and all kinds of dirt
- It scraps off dirt such grit, grass, sleet, dust and a lot more
- If you are living in a snowy area than this is what you should buy because it traps water, rain or snow from your shoes instantly to keep your hardwood floors dry
- It is anti-slip, it has some type of a soft rubber backing that keeps in place, I’ve had this doormat for about 3 months and the backing didn’t discolor the floor, it very safe on hardwood flooring
- Another great thing about this doormat is that, it is low profile, it works great on low profile doors, you will be able to open and close your door easily
- It looks good, it really looks good, it very stylish, it made my kitchen look a lot more luxurious plus it matched out hardwood floors extremely well
- It perfect for homes with kids and pets that likes to play outside, it going to traps all kinds of dirt from your kids shoes or pets paws.
- It also easy to clean, you can just sweep with a broom or vacuum it at least once or twice
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money, it’s kind of cheap for its quality, almost anyone can afford this doormat.
- It comes in 4 different sizes to choose from to fit your door size, but the biggest size they offer is 36”x59, if you are looking for a doormat bigger than that than this mat is not for you.
Aoonby Indoor mat Cons:
- It only for indoors
- Don’t wash it or rinse it using hot water or else you are going to be very disappointed
- It only comes in color grey, they don’t offer different colors, that is the biggest downfall for this doormat, but the grey looks very good on both light and dark hardwood flooring
Number 5. Dexi Indoor outdoor mat
I included this doormat because my mom has had it for a couple of months and she likes it.
My mom told me that, its heavy duty and it doesn’t skid much but her complaint was that it came folded rather than rolled when she bought it from amazon, even after she ironed it, the creases didn’t come out until a couple of days.
My mom also told me that, after washing it for 5 times, it still looked brand new until she made a mistake of washing it using bleach and it got ruined.
My mom has two cats and they both love this doormat lol, the material is strong but soft enough that this mat is her cats favorite spot to lounge on… both her cats love to take a nap on this doormat.
It looks expensive but affordable, its high quality but cheap at the same time.
The only thing that I can say is that, if my mom liked it than it got to be very good since she is very picky.
Dexi Indoor outdoor mat Pros:
- It is low profile
- It is machine washable
- It comes in four different colors to choose from, sand drift brown, grey, green and charcoal
- It was made for high traffic areas, best for people who have large families
- It comes in 5 different sizes to choose from. 20”x32 to 48”x72”
- This doormat has an extra top layer that helps to trap mud and moisture a little better than most doormat
- It was designed to also trap dirt from dog paws helping you to keep unwanted debris off your floors
- The material is safe and very durable, it is made of high-quality polypropylene fabric, it very strong, if you are looking for something that will last you a long time, then this doormat maybe what you are looking for, my mom has had it for nine months and it still looks great even though it kind of got ruined after she washed it using bleach
- It also comes with a rubber backing, the backing on this mat is a lot stronger, it super strong but safe, my mom told me that the backing has never left any scuff marks on her vinyl floors
- My mom also told me that, it is super easy to clean, but I’m pretty sure that it is because it machine washable
Dexi Indoor outdoor mat Cons:
- No matter how dirty it is, do not use bleach when washing it, you need to only use a mild soap so it won’t lose it color.
- It comes folded not rolled, it takes at least 3 days for the decreases to come off.
- Based on my mom’s personal experience, she told me that she received it with creases when she bought it from amazon, so you will need to roll it up and leave it for 1 to 2 days to get creases out of the rug