Are you looking for high quality caster wheels for your office chair that wont damage your engineered hardwood floor? If yes than this article is exactly what you have been looking for.
I have a fairly expensive office chair, so I wasn’t sure how much of an improvement these wheels would make, however a friend recommended them, and while the chair was expensive , I have been disappointed by how noisy its become in my hardwood floor( in less than a year), so I figured the wheels couldn’t hurt.
1st they are easy to install pull out your old wheels, slip these in 2nd they roll amazingly well, they turn easier 3rd they look good.
These awesome wheels are called heavy duty caster wheels by lifelong, I’ve had them for quite a while now and they’ve never given me any issues.
These wheels are literally the best thing, not only do they not scratch floors like my old ones, it feels like I’m gliding on air. My office is a square with tables on all sides and now I just spin myself around push my chair with my feet and WAH LAH! I’m where I need to be. Seriously people get these, they are just perfect replacement wheels. I highly recommend them.
Things that I love about these caster wheels
- These caster wheels are a medium density rubber so when you sit on them, they deform slightly and spread the load out more than a plastic wheel.
- They glide effortlessly across any kind of flat floor because the load spread out much more, they don’t cause any issues when rolling over the thinner part of the hardwood floor planks.
- The build quality on these caster wheels is quite good as well no cracking or noise at all.
- They are essentially like rollerblade wheels with caster post on them, the bearings are super quiet and smooth.
- They are soft compared to the rigid hard plastic ones that comes with the chair, that probably helps to protect the hardwood floor.
- They rotate in their own 360 degrees orbit perfectly; they are definitely a little heavier as the hardware of these casters are metal and not plastic like most standard casters come with.
- They do not scratch my engineered hardwoods, amazing product and wonderful customer service.
- They add a little extra height, they are sleek, they roll nicely on the hardwood floor, quit and responsive.
- They are very well made, well packaged as advertised, these wheels currently working great as most things do on day one.
- They not only look great but they protect the wood floors, glide like you are floating, they are great wheels that are kind to wood floors, but not only wood any sensitive floor.
Things that I didn’t like about these caster wheel
- These seem great despite initial skepticism over lack of bearings, they do not seem to have bearings in the wheel itself only in the swivel.
How much do these wheels cost?
What are the pros and cons of using these wheels?
- They are going to prevent your office chair from scratching or leaving marks on your hardwood floor
- Installing them is as easy as 1,2,3… You are not going to any tools. You can just slide them in with your bare hands
- They glide every well, you won’t even have to put any effort when gliding your office chair, you will be able to glide your office chair from hardwood to carpet easily
- No need to get a chair mat, the wheels are high quality rubber which means they are suitable for hardwood floors
- They are luxurious, they will make your office chair look a lot more expensive
- These rubber wheels are transparent, they look good on any office chair, they will definitely make your chair too way better
- Great thing about these wheels is that they are good on any surface, you will easily glide the chair on concrete, carpet, tile or marble floors
- I have been using these wheels daily for about two months now and they’ve never damaged my hardwood flooring
- These do not cause any indentations on my hardwood floor
- The wheels are made of heavy duty, they do not get stuck
- These are super strong, they can handle up to 650lbs, it doesn’t matter how heavy you are, these will work for you too
- What surprised me about these wheels was the quality, they are durable and strong but doesn’t cost a lot of money at the same time
- The only downfall to these wheels is that, they do not fit IKEA chairs, so if you have an IKEA chair than these won’t work for you
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS to hear what other people are saying…
What made me get these wheels was because of the customer reviews since a lot of people who have engineered hardwood floors were also highly recommending them.
What makes these wheels different from other chair casters?
- They are way better than the original wheels that came with my office chair.
- these are soft rubber but super strong at the same time, they do not leave marks on the floor I’m pretty sure that these wheels also not perfect, but there is no such thing as a perfect product, the only thing that I can promise you is that you are not going have a single regret from using them.
- They will last you for a very long time
Where to buy?
There are quite a lot of caster wheels to choose from these days, but most caster wheels were not designed for hardwood floors.
The lifelong wheels were designed for hardwood floors, engineered hardwood floor, bamboo floor, laminate floor and vinyl floor.
I have a Hermann miller chair and it came with plastic wheels which later ruined my floors, most standard wheels are not very gently on wood flooring.
This may sound too good to be true but these wheels are by far the best office wheels I have ever used… that is why I highly recommend them to people who have engineered hardwood floors.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (email@example.com)