There are hundreds if not thousands of different painters’ tape to choose from available on the market right now, but which one is the best and safe to use on hardwood floors?
Well, in today’s article, I’m going to share what I personally believe is by far the best painter’s tape for people who have hardwood floors.
The reason I’m going to recommend this painters tape is because I also have hardwood floors and this tape is what I also use when painting.
The painter’s tape that I only recommend to people who have hardwood floors is the ScotchBlue Original Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape simple because I also use it and it doesn’t damage, or discolor my wood floors.
Using the right tape to prevent wood floor surface damage is very important that why you need to be very careful when shopping for a painter’s tape since most tapes can easily ruin your wood floors.
When choosing a painter’s tape, it is always good to contact a specialist who can advice you to make sure the adhesive will not cause damage… that is why I recommend the ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape because I also have used it and it freaking awesome.
What are the things that I love about this painter’s tape?
- It is medium adhesive, is mild and safe to use on sensitive wood floor
- It won’t damage your hardwood floors
- It won’t discolor your hardwood floors
- It won’t leave residue on your hardwood floors
- It won’t pull off the wood floor finish
- It doesn’t have any chemicals that could ruin your hardwood floor over time
- It easy to use
- It easy to peel off
- Its super high quality
- It great on vinyl hardwood floor
- It great on laminate hardwood floor
- It great on bamboo hardwood floor
- It great on engineered hardwood floor
- It works on all hardwood floor types
- It won’t leave marks on your floor
- It won’t leave greasy stain residue when peeling it off the floor
- Best masking tape I have ever used
- It cheap but high quality at the same time
- It works on hardwood floor, Glass, walls, curved or uneven surfaces
How much does it cost?
You really do not have anything to worry about the price since it doesn’t cost a lot of money…
It not expensive but it is by far the most expensive tape I have ever used…
Can masking tapes really damage hardwood floors?
My daughter was painting her bedroom walls about 2 months ago, but she used a bad masking tape to cover the floor, after 2 days I came to her bedroom to see her newly painted bedroom.
Well, the first thing I noticed was the damaged surface caused by the masking tape that she was using, the tape pulled off the wood floor finish and discolored the floor.
I was very disappointed because I had to cover the cost to repair the hardwood.
That is why you need to be very careful when shopping for a masking tape to cover the floor because most making tapes were not designed to be used on hardwood flooring.
The reason I highly recommend this tape is because it doesn’t leave surface damage on hardwood floors and also doesn’t leave sticky residue on your floors.
I have recommended this tape to a lot of people who have hardwood floors and I have never received any complains which means if it worked for those people than it should also work for you too.
The only thing I can promise you about this tape is that you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it, buying it was worth every penny.
Is this tape really safe on all wood floor types?
CLICK HERE TO READ CUSTOMER REVIEWS FROM AMAZON so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using this tape to cover their hardwood floors when painting.
At first, I wasn’t sure whether to buy this tape since most tapes can damage and discolor the wood floor…
The only thing that made me buy this tape was the customer reviews since a lot of people who have hardwood floors were also highly recommending it. which means it is really safe.
What are the things that I didn’t like about this tape?
Well, there is really nothing that I didn’t like about this tape simple because it didn’t discolor or damage my wood floors….
I’m definitely going to buy it again for my next project.
Masking tapes can look harmless but 90% percent of masking tapes available on the market right now are not very good on hardwood floors.
Amazon has hundreds of cheap masking tapes to choose from, but please do not waste your time on those tapes because you are going to be every disappointed.
What are the pros and cons of this painter’s tape when using it on hardwood floors?
- It is medium adhesive
- It is super high quality
- It doesn’t have any chemicals or toxins that could damage your hardwood floors
- It easy to use
- It does the job
- It easy to peel off
- It not going to pull off your wood floor finish
- And most importantly it safe and won’t discolor your floor
- Well, I don’t have anything negative to say about it? Why? Because it has never given me any issues.
- There is no such thing a perfect product, I’m pretty sure this tape is also not perfect, but I freaking love it.
Where to buy?
I also bought it from amazon, it was delivered on time and it was packaged well… I’m very happy with my purchase…
What are the things that you need to know before buying this tape?
Please make sure to clean your hardwood floor first, sweep or mop the dry dust so the tape can stick properly.
When removing the tape: wait until the paint is dry to the touch before removing the tape.
Make sure to lift the tape slowly by pulling it back on itself.
I hope this article was helpful…
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)