Marble floors is very slippery, getting a rug pad is one of the best way to secure your area rugs to keep them from slipping.
Marble floors is very sensitive to scratches, that is why you need to be very careful when shopping for a rug pad since most rug pad can easily ruin your marble floors over time.
There are a lot of rug pads to choose from available on amazon right now, choosing one can be very tricky, so, in today’s article I’m going to recommend what I personally believe is by far the best rug pad for marble floors.
Please note: the rug pad that I’m going to recommend is what I also use and it has never given me any issues that is why I’m going to be recommending it.
I’ve tried about 5 different rug pads and some were bad and some were good, but the best one is the Mohawk Home Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad simple because it has never given me any issues.
This rug pad keeps my rugs from slipping on top of that it makes my area rugs look a lot more stylish.
What I mostly love about the Mohawk rug pad is that, it makes the rug a lot more comfy without adding too much height on the rug.
Is this rug pad really safe for marble floors?
Yes, it is non slip, it really does keep rugs from slipping, and it has a backing that won’t discolor your floors over time…
I was a bit skeptical at first, I only bought it after reading the customer reviews since a lot of people who have marble floors were also highly recommending it.
What are the pros and cons of using this rug pad on marble floors?
- It is extremely easy to resize, you can cut it using just scissors, you are not going to need any special tools to resize it… that what makes this rug pad 10 times better than most rug pads I have tried
- It is also easy to clean, it doesn’t get dirty easily since it underneath a rug, but if it does get dirty, you can easily spot clean it without taking it outside for a full wash
- It adds 1.4 inches to the rug, this makes the rugs a lot softer and bit comfy without adding too much height on the rugs… you won’t even tell that there is rug pad underneath your rugs… It remains hidden
- It doesn’t have a horrible smell like the other rug pads I tried from amazon, it doesn’t contain any chemical smells
- It doesn’t wear or tear easily, based on my personal experience, I honestly believe that this is by far the most strongest rug pad I have ever used underneath my area rugs
- it doesn’t cost a lot of money but surprisingly cheap at the same time…
- It big and heavy which means it doesn’t fit on a washing machine, but other than that I don’t have anything to complain about it as it does exactly what I needed
How much does it cost?
What makes this rug pad different from other rug pads?
- It prevent sliding, 80% of rug pads are no slip but what makes this rug different is that, the backing is safe, it won’t discolor your floors over time…
- it ads cushioning to your rugs, it will add 1/4 inches to your rugs for an extra plush feel, it not too thin and also not too thick, it great because it makes rugs comfy without adding too much height on the rugs
- Rug pads are expensive, well this one is affordable, it doesn’t cost a lot of money but super high quality at the same time…
- It easy to cut, it strong but very easy to resize… I used scissors to resize it and it was a piece of cake
- Cleaning it is very easy, I spot clean it with only water and it dries quickly… you won’t even have to take it outside to hang dry it
- It has two sides, the fiber side is designed for gripping rug backing, and rubber side sticks to hard surfaces like hardwood, laminate, tile, marble, vinyl and it doesn’t leave any marks on the floor. It was made and designed for sensitive floors.
The reason I recommend reading the customer reviews is because, I also bought it after reading the reviews since a lot of people who have marble floors were also highly recommending it.
Please note: this is not only for marble floors, it works on all hard surfaced floors
- It works on hardwood floors
- It good on marble floors
- It also help keep rugs from slipping on tile floors
- It doesn’t leave marks on laminate floors
- It will even secure rugs on super slippery vinyl floors
- This rug pad works even on smooth and rough concrete
What are the things that I love about this rug pad?
- There are a lot of things that I love about this rug pad, it doesn’t leave marks, it easy to resize and it makes my rugs look a lot more stylish
- My rugs look more expensive because of this rug pad, it makes the rugs comfy
- It doesn’t have any chemical smells
- It increase the life span of my area rugs because it reduces wear and tear
- It is made here in the United State, it not just another cheap pad from China
- It comes in 3 different thickness to choose from depending on what you want, they have a 1.4 inch thick, 1.8 inch thick and 1.2 inch thick…. I personally recommend 1.4 inch thick because it makes the rug comfy without adding to much high…. 1.8 inches is a bit too much and 1.2 inches won’t give the rug a plush feel
What are the things that I don’t like about this rug pad?
This may sound biased but I honestly do not have anything that I do not like about this rug pad just because it secures my area rugs, it keeps the rugs from slipping even on high traffic areas.
This will sound too good to be true but, this is the only rug pad that haven’t left marks on my floors, it 10 times better than any rug pad I have used.
Where to buy?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)