There are over hundreds of rug pads to choose from, but not all rug pads are suitable for hallways.
A hallway is passageway, which means, it sort of a high traffic area since it is a room between the entrance and the interior of a building.
So, you are going to need a rug pad that was designed for high traffic areas since most people walk to the hallways a numerous times a day.
In this article, I’m going to recommend what I personally believe is the best rug pad for high traffic areas such as hallways.
Please note: I’m only going to recommend the exact rug pad that I also use on my hallway.
I have tried about 4 different rug pads from amazon and most didn’t work for me since they were not designed for high traffic areas.
The only rug pad that I recommend is the Mohawk Home Ultra Premium Rug Pad simple because is the only rug pad that kept my area rug from slipping on the hallway.
Caution: if you are looking for a rug pad that you can wash using a washing machine than this rug pad is definitely not for you… it very big and heavy, it doesn’t fit on a washing machine.
The only way you can wash it is to just spot clean it using water and wipe it using a cloth.
This rug pad is very large, it doesn’t move at all, it keeps the rug in places even on high traffic areas plus it also add cushioning to the rugs, it makes the area rugs a lot more comfy.
Great thing about this rug pad is that, it is ¼ inch thick, which means it adds cushioning to your area rugs with adding too much height.
In order to get the best result from this area rug, you need to make it 1 inch less your rug size, so it can remain hidden at all times.
There are quite a lot of rug pads that you can choose from these days but you need to be very careful when shopping for a rug pad since most rug pads were not designed for hallways.
The reason I recommend the Mohawk Rug Pad is because I have been using it under an area rug that is on my hallway for almost 8 months now and it keeps the rug in place extremely well.
This rug pad has never given me any issues that is why I highly recommend it to anyone looking for high quality rug pad that doesn’t cost a lot of money at the same time.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS just so you can hear what other people are saying who are also suing this rug pad.
What made me buy this rug pad was the customer reviews since a lot of people were also highly recommending it for high traffic areas.
To be honest, I was a little bit skeptical at first, I thought it was just another garbage rug pad that didn’t do the job, but I was convinced by the reviews and I gave it a chance, well I do not have a single regret from spending my money on it.
Is this rug pad safe for sensitive floors?
Yes, this rug pad is extremely safe, it was made for sensitive floors such as hardwood floor, laminate floors, vinyl floors and all types of hard surfaced floors.
My hallway has hardwood floors and this rug pad has never left any marks, it has never discolored the floors and it also doesn’t have a bad chemical smell like the other rug pads I’ve tried.
How much does this rug pad cost?
You do not have to worry about the price though, it not cheap but it also not expensive… it affordable, almost anyone can afford this rug pad.
This rug pad is a good investment for those people looking for something that can keep their area rugs in place for long term.
Why do I recommend this rug pad?
- Because I have been using this rug pad for over 8 months now and it has never given me any issues
- It will never leave marks on your floors
- It will never ruin your floors over time
- If your hallway has hardwood floor, this rug pad will never discolor your floors in the long run
- It a premium rug pad, it will make your area rugs feel a lot more comfy
- It is non slip, which means it will keep your area rugs in place even on hallways with high traffic areas
- It doesn’t have any chemical smells
- It easy clean, you can just spot clean it using water
- It easy to cut, if you want to resize it, you can cut it using just a Stanley knife or scissors
- It doesn’t add too much height on your rugs because it is about ¼ inches only
- It will also increase the life span of your area rugs
- It is made here in the United State, it not just another cheap rug pad from China
- It safe on pets and also safe on children since it doesn’t have anything that could harm your family, it safe
- This rug pad is the only rug pad that didn’t discolor my hardwood floor
What are the things that I do not like about this rug pad:
- The only thing that I do not like about rug pad is that it doesn’t fit on a washing machine, but other than that I do not have a single regret from using it.
I’m not very good when it comes to convincing people but the only thing that I can promise you about this rug pad is that you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it… it works on a hallway and it great for high traffic areas.
Make sure to cut it about 1 inch less than your rug size so it can remain hidden.
Where to buy?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)