Today I’m going to share what I personally believe is the best way to keep your hardwood floors clean if you have pets… it doesn’t matter whether you have cats or dogs.
I have two dogs in my house, I love them a lot as they are a part of our family, but sometimes I get very angry when I see my dog’s hair all over my hardwood floor.
I’m a clean freak, and I hate it when I see some type of dirt on my floors especially pet hair…
In this article I’m going to only recommend what I do in order to keep my floors clean even when my dogs are always running around the house.
1. You need an entryway rug.
If your pets go outside to play often and end up coming back inside the house with sand and dirt all over their paws than the first thing you are going to need is a hardwood floor door mat.
Which entryway mat do I recommend for people who have pets?
The best way to protect your hardwood floor entry way from your pets is to get a Hudson Fiber Entrance Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat, simple because this door mat is by far the best mat when it comes to trapping dirt, sand, water and small rocks stuck under your pet’s paws.
Why do I recommend this door mat?
- It traps dirt better than any other door mat I have ever used
- It is 3x3 which is exactly the size that you need when you have hardwood floors because it is long enough for your pet take two to three steps before reaching the actual floor
- It traps water
- It traps mud
- It traps dirt
- It traps small rocks stuck under your pet paws
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It is super high quality and super strong
- It easy to clean or wash
- It doesn’t ruin or damage your hardwood floor
- It also won’t discolor the floor
- It has a rubber backing that keeps it from sliding
2. You need a pet hair grooming brush:
In order to keep pet hair from all over your hardwood floors, you are going to need a high-quality pet brush that will effectively reduce shedding.
Which pet hair brush do I recommend?
The only pet hair brush that I personally use is the MIU COLOR Pet Deshedding Brush, I have been using it for more than 6 months now and it great… it reduces pet hair everywhere.
Why do I recommend this pet hair brush?
- It is easy to use
- It is super high quality
- It strong but cheap at the same time
- It reduces shedding by up to 90%
- It can be used on cats and dogs
- You can use it on small, medium and large cats and dogs
- It also works on pets that have super long hair
This brush will help you not worry about the annoying hair all over your hardwood floors.
Cleaning dog hair on hardwood floor can be a pain in the ass that why buying a pet hair brush is very important in order to prevent the hair from being all over the place.
3. You are going to need a pet hair broom
If you want top keep your hardwood floor clean from pet hair than you need to buy a broom that was designed and specially made for cleaning pet hair.
Which pet hair broom do I recommend for cleaning pet hair on hardwood floors?
The pet hair broom that I personally use is the Pet Buddies PB5579 FurStatic Pet Hair Broom and it does an amazing job when it comes to getting rid of all the pet hair that is on the floor.
Sweeping pet hair on hardwood floors using a normal broom doesn’t work that why I recommend buying a broom that was designed for cleaning pet hair.
Why do I recommend buying this pet hair broom?
- The hair doesn’t stick to the broom so you can get neat piles of hair and then brush it into a dust pan without having to pull it off the broom
- Because it great on hardwood floors
- It works on bamboo flooring, laminate flooring, engineered flooring and also vinyl flooring
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- Its super high quality
- It doesn’t scratch hardwood floor
- It easy to use
- The pet hair doesn’t float around as you sweep
- It is easy to clean
- It also works great on carpets and area rugs
Do not try to sweep pet hair on the hardwood floor using your normal broom because it will leave layers of hair on the floor…
Buying a proper pet hair broom kind of makes the sweeping floors fun and it makes things easier.
There are a lot of ways that you can keep your hardwood floors clean even when you have pets but I personally believe that having a door mat, pet hair broom and pet hair brush is the number one way to do it.
What is the best hardwood floor cleaner for people who have pet?
The only hardwood floor cleaner that I recommend to people who have pets is the Bruce Hardwood floor cleaner simple because I also use this cleaner and it freaking works like magic.
Why do I recommend this cleaner?
- It can remove saliva spot from my dogs
- Because it keeps my home smelling good
- It works on all types of hardwood floor
- It doesn’t make the floor slippery
- It doesn’t have a strong smell
- It can remove scuff marks
- It doesn’t leave the floor greasy
- It doesn’t make the floor sticky
- It doesn’t have too much scent
- It safe to use even when you have pets because it doesn’t contain any toxins or chemicals
- It doesn’t make the floor too glossy
- It good for people who hate strong cleaners because it doesn’t have a strong smell
- It great for people who have sensitive pets because it doesn’t have too much scent
- It is easy to use
- It makes the floor shine a lot longer
- It doesn’t discolor the floor
- It doesn’t leave residue
- It doesn’t cause build up
- it cleans hard spots
- it cleans tough stains
If you have pets and want to keep your hardwood floors clean all the time than you need to do exactly everything that I’ve said on this article… good luck and god bless.