I hope I’m not going to sound like I have something against Bona as a brand, but I have a lot of things that I don’t like about their polish.
Please note, I have used the Bona polish for over 3 months on my engineered hardwood floor and this polish is got to be by far the worst popular polish I have ever used.
I have a lot of respect for Bona as a Brand, I don’t want to sound negative but their polish is not worth the hype.
After searching and searching for the best polish for hardwood floor, a lot of people online were highly recommending the Bona polish, so I ended up trying it.
Well, after using bona for about a week, I wasn’t very happy with it, I really don’t know why there’s so much people who keeps on praising it.
Even though I have a lot of things that I didn’t like about it, there are also a few things that I liked, it does smell nice but I don’t recommend it.
Please note: there is no such thing as a perfect polish, every polish have its own pros and cons or downfalls.
So, what are the problems that I faced when I used the bona polish?
- It left residue on my floor
- It produced noticeable build up
- The polish will look beautiful when it wet until the floor get dry
- it fisheyed horribly in the traffic areas even though it looks good in some other areas on the floor
- it kind of makes the floor slippery, bad for people who have small kids that likes to run around the house
- I have two German shepherd dogs and they kept slipping on the floor each and every time I applied the polish
- The floor will look great for an hour but then the floor will slowly look cloudy
- I know a lot of people who have told me that after using the bona polish their hardwood floor had an cloudy haze as well
What really pissed me off about the bona polish?
- After using it for more than two weeks, I started noticing white streaks on the floor
- At first it made my floor slippery but after a month of using it, my floor started to get sticky
- What made me extremely angry about this polis was the fact that the dust accumulate up very fast , that when I knew that this polish was garbage
After all these bona polish problems, I still carried on using it, why? Because I kept giving it a chance since it is the most popular polish online lol…
When I finally got fed-up with this polish, I bought a remover to get rid of the build-up, but guess what? I was scrubbing the floor like crazy until I gave up.
After trying the remover with no luck, my mom told me to try vinegar and it also didn’t work than I tried Windex and it also didn’t work.
Do I recommend the bona cleaner to people who have hardwood floor?
Well, we all know that there is no such thing as a perfect wood floor polish but I would never recommend the bona polish to anyone after all the problems it given me.
I have seen a lot of bad polish product in my life time but bona was the worst, I still wonder why people around the United State are giving it so much praise.
What is the best polish for people who have hardwood floors?
The only hardwood floor cleaner or polish that I highly recommend is the Method Squirt Hardwood Cleaner.
Based on my personal experience, this cleaner is got to be by far the best product I have ever used on my hardwood floor.
Why do I recommend the Method Squirt?
- First of all, it crazy simple, just squirt, glide your mop across your floor and you are done… what more can you ask for?
- It has an almond fragrance, it makes the house smell nice and refreshing
- It doesn’t cause build-up over time
- It doesn’t leave residue
- It doesn’t make the floor slippery
- It cheap but super high quality at the same time
- It doesn’t discolor the floor over time
- It leaves the floor shinier than ever
- It doesn’t leave the floor hazy
- It doesn’t dull
- It great for people who have pets since it doesn’t contain any toxic ingredients
- It easy to use
- It great for laminate floor
- It great for hardwood floor
- It great for any type of wood floor
- I have been using it over a month now and it hasn’t given me any issues plus it also hasn’t given my dogs any issues
- You won’t need to rinse the floor after cleaning with this cleaner
- It has a pleasant almond scent, it doesn’t have a strong smell, that is why is highly recommend it to people who hate strong cleaners
- It makes my hardwood floor look beautiful
- It gives my floors life
- It cleans well
- No residue, that is what I mostly love about it
- The floor will look shiny but won’t be slippery, great for people who have kids
My kids loves this cleaner, my two dogs also seems to like it plus my wife loves it too… if my family loves it than I’m very positive that you are going to love it as well.
Where to buy?
I know that there is no such thing as a perfect cleaner, or a perfect polish, but the only thing I can promise you about this product is that you are not going to have a single regret from using it on your floor.
What are the things that I don’t like about the Method Squirt?
Well, this will probably sound too good to be true, but for now I don’t have anything to complain about, this stuff works like magic that is why I don’t see myself using anything else anytime soon.
I hope this article was helpful…
Please note: I don’t have anything against Bona as a brand, I have a lot of respect for them as company but I will never use their polish ever again.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)