Do not use Swiffer on your expensive vinyl floors simple because I’ve tried it, it takes a lot longer to dry and it streaked all over the place which will ruin your vinyl floor over time.
I like Swiffer but it barley does much, I don’t have anything against using Swiffer but I honestly would advise you to avoid it simple because it haven’t worked very well on my vinyl flooring.
Caution: if you have a sensitive noses than I don’t think that Swiffer liquid is for you because it has an extremely strong smell, it has too much perfume.
Why I don’t recommend using Swiffer on vinyl flooring?
Because there are foot prints of my children and dog foot prints everywhere after cleaning the floor using Swiffer, it doesn’t matter what I do.
I have tried using Swiffer for about two weeks but it didn’t work as I expected, it doesn’t remove foot prints and it leaves residue on my floor.
Another thing that I hate about using Swiffer is that, it is extremely strong, I hate strong cleaners and Swiffer has too much perfume.
The cleaning solutions that Swiffer sells are not really safe for regular use.
I would advise you to not use Swiffer if you are looking for a daily cleaning solution for vinyl plank flooring because you are going to be very disappointed.
Swiffer contains some sort of bleach, the pH is also too high plus it has a really strong smell, bad for people who don’t like strong cleaners and also bad for pets that are sensitive to smells.
If you have vinyl plank flooring and looking for a cleaning solution for regular use than you need to avoid Swiffer.
What is the best cleaning solution for vinyl plank flooring?
Please note: I’m only going to recommend what I also use when cleaning my vinyl plank flooring.
The cleaner that I use to clean my vinyl floor is the Rejuvenate Luxury Vinyl Plank Floor Cleaner, it has not streak, it doesn’t leave residue, it remove tough stains and it doesn’t have a super strong smell.
The mop that I use is the 18 - Professional Microfiber Mop and it freaking works like magic. It was specially made and designed for mopping laminate and vinyl flooring.
What I mostly love about this mop is that, it works both as a dust and a wet mop plus it comes with 2 free microfiber cloths which are perfect for cleaning vinyl flooring.
I bought Swiffer WetJet and I didn’t like it when using it on vinyl flooring
The first thing that I didn’t like about the WetJet was that, it didn’t come with reusable pads, I was forced to purchase their Swiffer WetJet refill Pads.
Swiffer doesn’t sell any reusable pads, you will need to keep on buying their refill pads if you decide to buy their WetJet spray mop.
I don’t have anything against Swiffer as a company, but the only thing I can tell you is that, if you have vinyl plank flooring, purchase Swiffer at your own risk!
What are the things that I didn’t like about using Swiffer cleaner on my vinyl plank flooring?
Well, there are a lot of things that I didn’t like about Swiffer, but I’m going to list a few bellow.
- The reason I was not very happy with the Swiffer is because the cleaner left an ugly film on the floor and also left residue
- The smell of the Swiffer cleaner is very offensive, it is way strong, I had to open the windows after using it because my dog have a very sensitive smell, plus I also don’t like using strong cleaners
What are the things that I didn’t like about using Swiffer WetJet?
- At first I loved the Swiffer WetJet because it was easy to put together, but in less than a few minutes, it stopped working within the same day I took it out of the box.
- When I first assembled WetJet, the first day I used it, the spray bottom/ function stopped working, I tried to return it to amazon and it was not returnable through amazon.
- The Swiffer WetJet was recommended to me by a friend and buying it was a waste of money simple because it didn’t seem to want to work the first day I used it.
- At first, It seemed perfect because it light weight but sadly it didn’t work, I even took the whole thing apart thinking that maybe I had done something wrong than my dad assembled it for me but still it didn’t want to work.
- My wife bought another one, but guess what? it broke within 2 weeks, the second one that my wife bought at least worked for two weeks than it broke and the handle did not stay put.
I really don’t know why Swiffer is popular because I wasn’t impressed with it the same day I got my hands on it, maybe it great, but it really didn’t work that well for me.
Is it worth giving Swiffer Wetjet a try?
Well, the one that I bought didn’t work within minutes after assembling it, the second one that my wife got didn’t last 3 weeks, so I personal believe that buying it is not worth the money.Please note: a lot of people who recommend Swiffer are not using it on vinyl flooring, you need to keep that in mind.
I went to amazon to read Swiffer WetJet customer reviews just to hear what other people were saying and it seemed like a lot of people didn’t like it since most people gave it a 1 start rating.
Most people under the reviews were complaining that the Swiffer WetJet Mop didn’t last for two months.
Please note: I don’t have anything against Swiffer as a company, I have a lot of respect for them as a brand but their Mop doesn’t last and their cleaner leaves residue.
I hope this article was helpful, good luck and god bless.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)