Rubber backed rugs are great because they don’t slip or slide on the floor, but is it really safe to use rubber backed rugs on hardwood floors such as vinyl plank flooring?
If you have vinyl floor, laminate floor or bamboo floor than the only thing I can tell you is that, *Rubber backed rugs are not safe on hardwood floors*.
My wife bought a very beautiful stylish rubber backed rug for our living room but I soon realized that the rubber backing on the rug was slowly discoloring the floor.
I personally do not recommend using a rubber backed rug on vinyl floors simple because it slowly but surely discolor and damage the floor.
What is the safe way to use a rubber backed rugs on hardwood flooring such as vinyl floors?
If you have rubber backed rug than I would highly advice you to get a rug pad.
I also use a rug pad under my rubber backed rugs to keep the area rugs from damaging the floor and this method really does work.
There are a lot of rug pads to choose from available on amazon right now that you can choose from.
What is the best rug pad to use on vinyl floors?
The best rug pad to use on vinyl floors is the Mohawk Home Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad.
The reason I recommend this rug pad is because I also use it under my rugs and it works like magic, using this rug pad really does help.
This rug pad will prevent your rubber backed rugs from damaging your floors and also keep the rug from slipping or sliding.
I have been using the Mohawk Rug Pad for over 5 months now and buying this rug pad was the best thing I ever did in order to protect my vinyl floors from rubber backed rugs.
Rubber backed rugs can look harmless but these rugs will slowly but surely damage your hardwood floors without you knowing.
Repairing hardwood floors can be very expensive especially vinyl floors that why it is very important to use a rug pad under rubber backed rugs.
Is it safe to use natural rubber backed rugs on vinyl floors?
Not really, it doesn’t matter what types of rubber backing it is, vinyl plank floors are very sensitive that why big companies that manufacture area rugs have came up with an idea of making rug pads.
What is the purpose of using a rug pad?
The job of a rug pad is to protect your floors from area rugs that could slowly discolor or damage your hardwood floors, that is why most hardwood installers recommend using a rug pad on every area rug you have in your house in order to make your hardwood floors last longer.
Is the Mohawk rug pad really safe to use on vinyl plank flooring?
Yes, I have vinyl floors in my house and I also use this rug pad under all my area rugs and carpets and it has never given me any issues.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using this rug pad on their hardwood floors.
You are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people are highly recommending it, which means it really does protect the floor from area rugs.
What made me buy this rug pad was the customer reviews… but what really made me buy it was because a lot of people who have vinyl plank floors were also highly recommending it.
I have recommended this rug pad to two of the guys I work with and they both told me that they loved it, one has vinyl floor and the other guy has bamboo hardwood floors.
If both of these guys loved it than I’m very positive that you are going to love it as well.
The only thing I can promise you is that you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it… it is worth every penny.
What are the things that I love about this rug pad?
- It is safe to use on vinyl plank hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on bamboo hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on laminate hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on engineered hardwood floor
- It protects the floor from rubber backed rugs
- It increases the life span of the area rugs
- It makes your hardwood floor last longer
- It protects your hardwood floors from carpets
- It prevents wood floor surface damage from large area rugs
- It adds cushion to your area rugs to make them more comfy
- It makes the area rugs feel soft to the feet
- It helps make cheap area rugs look more expensive
- It is super high quality
- It is very strong
- It protects your cheap area rugs from wear and tear
- It doesn’t discolor the floor
- It doesn’t ruin the floor
- It doesn’t scratch the floor
- It easy to use
- It easy to cut or resize
- It is also easy to clean, you can just spot clean it using water or whatever
- You can resize it with scissors
- It doesn’t have weird odor
- It doesn’t have a bad smell
- It lays flat within minutes after unboxing it
- It hides well under the rug
- It is ¼ inch thick, this is great because it adds cushion to the area rugs without adding too much height to the rug
Where to buy?
Mohawk Home Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad
CLICK HERE TO BUY IT ONLINE FROM AMAZON.
How to cut or resize this rug pad?
You can resize it by using strong scissors… weak scissors wont work because the material of this rug pad is felt.
Please make sure to cut it one inch less than the size of your area rug so it can remain hidden.
There are a lot of rug pads that you can choose from available on amazon but you need to be very careful when shopping for a rug pad because some rug pads can also damage vinyl plank floors that is why I only recommend using the Mohawk Rug Pad.