Most people will tell you to not put vinyl plank floors under appliances, which is bunch of garbage.
I have vinyl floors in my kitchen, we installed it under a lot of different appliances and we’ve never had any issues.
I’ve had vinyl floors in my kitchen for over 2 years now and none of the kitchen appliances have damaged the floor.
Is it really safe to put vinyl plank under heavy appliances?
Yes, it safe… there is really nothing to worry about, as long as the appliance doesn’t weigh more than 500 pounds.
Vinyl floor is extremely strong, it can take loads up to 500 pounds, no appliance will damage it just because it heavy.
Please note: Vinyl floors is sensitive to scratches but it doesn’t crack or get damaged by the weight of home appliances.
Caution: appliance legs is what will damage your vinyl floor over time, that is why you need to put furniture pads on all the legs of your appliances.
Which furniture pads are safe and suitable for vinyl floor?
You need to get the X-PROTECTOR Pack Furniture Pads, these pads will help prevent the appliances from leaving marks or denting your luxury vinyl plank flooring.
Two reasons home appliances won’t easily damage vinyl floors
- Vinyl floors is a heavy-duty plastic materials, it was designed for homes, it can handle any heavy furniture doesn’t weight over 500 pounds.
- It is plastic, which means, it water proof, even a washing machine wont easily damage the vinyl just because it plastic… it won’t be damaged by moisture.
Why do most vinyl plank manufactures will tell you to not put vinyl floor under appliances?
Well, it true that most vinyl floor companies will tell you to never install vinyl planks underneath any appliance.
But, they are saying so not because appliances will damage the floor over time.
They are only saying so just because the floor could fail to expand in any 2D direction if you lay the planks down with appliance on both ends.
My dad has a flooring company, he installs vinyl planks, laminate floors, bamboo floors and hardwood floor.
My dad has been installing vinyl planks for over 10 years and he told me that installing vinyl planks underneath any furniture or appliance is okay, as long as the furniture doesn’t weigh more than 500 pounds which is 226,796 Kilograms.
If you wanna be on a safe side, just get high-quality Furniture pads for vinyl plank flooring.
Does installing vinyl planks underneath appliances jeopardize the warranty of your floor?
Yes, but you really don’t have anything to worry about.
As I said, me and my dad have done this like 100 times, we have violated that rule every time and we have never received any complains from any of our customers.
What is the best way to keep home appliances and furniture from denting your vinyl floor?
Use heavy duty furniture pads such as X-PROTECTOR Pack Furniture Pads, that is all you need.
Why do I recommend these pads?
- These pads are non-slip, which means they will prevent any of your appliances from sliding
- These pads will also prevent appliances from denting or leaving marks on your floor
- They will keep the furniture in place, if you have a table that keeps sliding than you definitely need these pads
- They will reduce noise, if you have chairs that make annoying squeaky noise than, these furniture pads will prevent that from happening
- They are safe on vinyl floors
- They won’t leave scuff marks
- They won’t discolor your floor over time
- They do not leave residue
- They do not come off when lifting up the chair or the table because they are self-adhesive, they stick to the furniture legs or appliance feet.
- They are easy to use, you just stick then on the furniture legs and you are good to go, but make sure to clean the furniture legs first, get rid of all the sand or dirt that may be stuck underneath the feet of your furniture
- They are cheap but high quality at the same time, you are not going to have any regret from using these pads underneath your appliances
- If you have dogs that like pushing the table around the house than get these pads right now, they keep the table in place because they have a high-quality strong backing that keeps the furniture from sliding
- If you have toddlers that also love to push the chairs around, then these pads will also help
- These pads work even on super heavy furniture, our dining room sofa used to slide a lot, but that has never happened since the day I started using these pads underneath all our furniture
How much do these furniture pads cost?
Lol, these are extremely cheap…
Don’t let the price fool you by thinking that these are low quality.
These pads were made for heavy furniture, they are durable, strong, easy to use and they work like magic.
After searching and searching for high quality pads to use underneath all my home appliances in order to protect my vinyl floors, I stumbled upon these pads on amazon.
But, what made me buy these pads was the customer reviews since a lot of people were also highly recommending them.
I was very impressed because they have quite a lot of positive reviews and most people have given them a 5-star rating.
Why don’t you CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS just so you can hear what other people are saying about these pads.
What are the things that I do not like about these pads?
Well, these pads protect my vinyl floors from heavy furniture and also protect my floor from all the appliances in the house, so I honesty do not have anything negative to say about these pads just because they do the job.
You really don’t have anything to lose lol, these are cheap and they will definitely increase the life span of your vinyl plank flooring.
I hope that this article was helpful to anyone wondering whether to put vinyl planks under home appliances.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (email@example.com)