Yes, it does… glue down vinyl floors need to settle for 24 hours and click lock vinyl floors need to settle for at least 12 hours.
Whether you have glue down vinyl flooring or click lock vinyl flooring, you need to give it some time until you move in especially if you want to put back the furniture.
Please note: When installing vinyl floors, make sure that the surface is level and smooth.
Caution: Make sure to use X protector furniture pads to keep the furniture feet from denting or leaving marks on your newly installed floor.
How to make your vinyl floors last longer?
In order to increase the lifespan of your vinyl floors, make sure to use furniture pads that were designed for vinyl floors and also make sure to use a high-quality floor cleaner that was made and specially designed for vinyl floors.
What floor cleaner is the best for vinyl flooring?
There are quite a few floor cleaners that you can choose from but I personally recommend using Rejuvenate vinyl floor cleaner simple because I have been using it on my vinyl flooring for over 2 years now and it works like magic.
What are the things that I love about this vinyl floor cleaner?
- It doesn’t make the vinyl floor too glossy
- It doesn’t leave any residue on the floor
- It doesn’t leave streaks on the floor
- It is safe for homes with pets such as dogs and cats
- It doesn’t discolor the floor over time
- It gives the house a pleasant smell
- It easy to use
- It doesn’t have a strong smell, that is why I highly it to people who hate strong cleaners
- It doesn’t make the floor slippery
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money but it does the job way better than any other floor cleaner I have ever used
- It shines the vinyl floor but doesn’t make the floor look like it was waxed
When is the right time to bring back heavy furniture after installing vinyl floors?
If you have click lock vinyl floor, you need to bring back your furniture after 12 hours since the floor doesn’t have any adhesive
If you have glue down vinyl floor, you need to wait at least 24 hours for the floor to stick properly.
Can furniture easily dent vinyl flooring?
Yes, vinyl floors are plastic, they don’t get scratched easily but heavy furniture legs do dent vinyl floor over time.
In order to prevent your furniture from denting your newly installed floor, you are going to need to use X-PROTECTOR NON SLIP FURNITURE PADS.
Why do I recommend x protector pads?
- If you just installed vinyl floor in your bedroom, these pads will prevent your bed frame legs from denting your floor
- New vinyl floor can be slippery, these pads are non-slip which means they will help keep your bed frame from moving or slipping
- If you have installed vinyl floor in your kitchen than these pads will prevent your kitchen chair legs from leaving marks on the floor
- Did you know that heavy furniture such as a sofa can scratch the vinyl floor? Well that is exactly why you need these pads
- What I mostly love about these furniture pads is that, they help increase the lifespan of my floors because they prevent all types of furniture from denting the floor
- These pads also stick to the furniture, they do not come off when lifting up the chairs while cleaning.
- If you have annoying furniture get keeps sliding, then these pads will also help keep the furniture from sliding, I use these to keep my dining sofa from moving
- They are easy to put, you need to clean the surface of the furniture so the pads can stick properly, you just peel off the back paper and then stick the pad on the feet.
- These are not low-quality pads, these are extremely strong and they last for quite a long time, they do not do not break easily
- Another top reason to get these pads is that, you won’t have to worry about that annoying noise when you move the chairs
How soon can you walk on newly installed vinyl floors?
Well, the pros of installing click lock vinyl is that you can walk as soon as you are done installing the floor.
Please note: if you have glue down vinyl floor, don’t walk to soon because the adhesive needs some time to settle and stick to the sub floor.
If you walk to soon, your floor will make squeaky annoying noise…
How to protect your vinyl floors from rolling chairs?
Rolling chairs can also damage and ruin your vinyl floors over time, chair wheels or chair casters can also leave scuff marks especially if you have light vinyl floors.
The only way to keep your office chair wheels or gaming chair casters from denting your vinyl floors is to replace the casters.
What are the best caster wheels that are safe to use on vinyl flooring?
The only caster wheels that I personally recommend are the Rubber office chair wheels by lifelong simple because they were made and designed for sensitive floors.
I have been using these wheels for about five months now and they work like magic, they do not damage the floor and they also doesn’t make noise when gliding my office chair.
My office has vinyl floors and the original wheels that came with my office chair left quite a lot of scuff marks than I decided to replace them with the lifelong ones.
What are the things that I love about these rubber caster wheels?
- Well, these protect my office vinyl floors from the office chair
- They glide smoothly, I’ve never had any problems since the day I started using them
- They are super strong
- They are cheap but super high quality at the same time
- They work with all types of office chairs but they are not compatible with IKEA chairs