There are a lot of different rug pads to choose from these days, but not all rug pads are safe, some rug pads will ruin your floors over time.
Rubber rug pads and felt rug pads are by far the most popular pads available on the market right now.
Some people prefer felt rug pads and some will recommend rubber rug pads, but it all depends on what type of flooring you have in your home.
Rubber rug pads are only good on tile flooring, concrete floor and marble floors.
Felt rug pads are the best because they are good on all types of flooring, they work well with hardwood floors, laminate floors, vinyl floors and bamboo floors.
It is not a good idea to use a rubber rug pad on sensitive floors such as hardwood, laminate because it will discolor the floor over time.
Rubber rug pads can cause a buildup of moisture and humidity under your area rugs that is why I don’t recommend it for floors such as laminate, bamboo or engineered hardwood floors.
Based on my personal experience, I only recommend felt rug pads because they are safe and suitable for all types of floors…
If you are wondering whether to choose a rubber rug pad or felt rug pad, I highly recommend felt pads because they won’t cause any issues over time.
Which felt rug pad do I recommend?
I recommend Mohawk felt non slip rug pad simple because it is what I also use under my rugs and it does the job very well plus it has never given me any issues.
This rug pad makes my rugs feel more comfy and also prevent the rugs from slipping…
What I mostly love about this felt pad is that, it about ¼ inches, it adds a layer to the rug to make it more comfy without adding too much height on the rug.
Amazon has hundreds of felt rugs pads to choose from but I only recommend Mohawk non slip rug pad simple because, it is high quality but cheap at the same time…
I bought it after reading the customer reviews since a lot of people were highly recommending it…
So you can see what other people are saying about this rug pad and why they recommend to have felt rug pad than rubber rug pad.
Things that I love about felt rug pad?
- The good thing about the felt rug pad is that it doesn’t sweat and discolor my floors it remain as it is and this pad is suitable for any Harwood flooring.
- This felt rug pad keeps my rug in place and in a good shape all the time especially because I have little kid and two puppies and they always fling the rug around when they are playing on it and with the felt rug pad it no longer sliding and it easy now to vacuum it without rolling.
- I am satisfied with the felt rug pad because it pretty thick material that adds a nice layer of comfort to my dining room and it feels nice to walk on barefoot on the rug to fell it softness and comfort.
- I highly recommend this rug to anyone who want to protect their floors and add more life to their area rugs, even if your area rug is a cheap plastic material with this pad your rug can last longer then you expected.
- The felt rug pad has saved our rug’s life now it doesn’t slide or bunch with the pad the rug is softer and comfy to walk on it and my kids used to fall because of the rug was slippery and the older one almost broke her neck and now with the rug pad they have to fear to run around with their little puppies.
- This rug pad is very easy to cut using a scissor if you want it to fit perfectly on your area rug and it very easy to clean too because you can vacuum the rug without taking it and shake it out side, the pad stick perfectly on the rug and it will not fall off.
- I am very happy with the result now there won’t be any accidents in my house an my kids loves to play on this rug since I has become more comfortable with the pad underneath and my little puppies takes a good nap on it they really love the rug pad.
- This felt rug pad is much safe to use you don’t have to worry about your floors it doesn’t leave any scratches or residues on the floor and it doesn’t sweat or discolor the floors it made and designed for area rugs and any hardwood floors or tiles.
- This is by far the best buys on amazon market right now which is a good sign that everyone loves this rug pad and if you take good care of it, it can last longer than you can expect.
- This pad is expensive than the rubber rug pad but it for the best to buy the right one that will last for years and the felt pad is a high quality and strong with thickness and once you stick it on your area rug it doesn’t fall off even when you are moving it to change the direction it will stick on the rug.
- This felt rug pad is nonslip and it good for my shinny floors and I will buy another one for my kitchen especially when am cooking my bare feet will feel the comfort and softness to stand on it and I will buy for my puppies as well to feel warm when they are sleeping, I highly recommend this rug pad to people who haves kids and pets.
- I am really happy with the purchase I don’t have a single regret from spending my money buying the rug pad and I am really happy with the product I will continue to buy this pad for my bedroom are rugs.
Where to buy this felt rug pad?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)