Today I’m going to share my 3 top ways to protect your hardwood floors from scratches…
Top 3 things that scratches hardwood floor:
1. Dirty shoes underneath:
Shoes can absorb sand and small rocks underneath…
The rough sand and small rocks that is underneath your shoes will ruin or damage your hardwood floors way faster than you think.
To prevent that from happening, you are going to need to get an entry way door mat such as the Hudson Fiber Entrance Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat.
Why do I recommend the Hudson Entrance Floor Mat?
Because it is what I have been using for over a year now and it is freaking awesome.
Buying a door mat is one of the simplest ways to protect your hardwood floor from scratches caused by dirty shoes underneath.
What are the things that I love about this entry way mat?
- It is 35 x 35, It is long enough to take two to three steps before reaching the actual floor to make sure that the shoes underneath doesn’t have any rocks or sand that could damage or scratch your hardwood floor
- This door mat was specially made and designed for hardwood floors as it effectively stores sand, small rocks and moisture beneath shoe level
- It cleans the shoes underneath way better than any door mat I have ever used
- It exclusively keeps the sand, water or small rocks in the amt and off the floor
- You can use it on any room, such as living room, bedroom, dining room, nursery or home office
- It is super strong, it is by far the most high quality entry way door mat I have ever spent my money on
- I have been using it for over a year but it still looks brand new, that how strong this mat is
- It was made here in the united state
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money, it affordable and also worth every penny.
- It is stylish unlike most door mat I have used
- It is also very good for high traffic areas since its exclusive rubber reinforced face nubs prevent pile from crushing in high traffic areas
- It has a green friendly rubber backing to keep it sturdy, the rubber backing also keeps it from slipping when people are steeping on it
- It has an amazingly designed square shape
- It is extremely strong but surprisingly soft and comfy at the same time
Some people will say that this door mat is expensive, but based on its quality, I strongly believe that buying it was worth every penny, I do not have a single regret from spending my money on it because it traps and absorbs sand or small rocks extremely well.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS from amazon so you can hear what other people are saying who have also bought this door mat to protect their hardwood floors from scratches
You are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people are highly recommending it under the amazon customer reviews.
My mom was the one that told me to buy this mat but I was a hesitant to purchase it because of the PRICE but bought it anyway.
Please note: I didn’t buy it just because my mom told me too, I only bought it after reading the customer reviews since a lot of people were talking good things about it.
Where to buy?
You can get this mat online and offline.
CLICK HERE TO BUY IT ONLINE from amazon.
Caution: do not buy it offline because it cost twice the PRICE when buying it locally. Make sure to only buy it online from amazon so you can get it for a much cheaper PRICE.
I also bought it from amazon and I’m very happy with my purchase because I saved a few bucks and it was delivered on time.
2. Dog nails:
The hardwood floor on my dining room had a lot of small scratches on it but I dint know what was causing those scratches as we don’t go to the dining room often.
After a day of investigation, I finally realized that the small scratches on the floor were caused by my dog nails.
If you have a dog in your home than make sure to cut its nails.
Which dog nail trimmer do I recommend?
The only dog nail trimmer I would advise you to get would be the Dremel Pet Nail Grooming Tool simple because I have been using it for about 2 months and it cut my dog nails very well.
- It is easy to use
- It fast
- It cheap
- And it freaking works
3. Get an area rug and put it on high traffic areas in your house
Most scratches will be visible on high traffic areas that why you seriously need to get an area rug and put it on the busiest area in your home.
Which area rug do I recommend for hardwood floors?
The only area rug I recommend is the Safavieh Adirondack Area Rug simple because it is by far the best area rug I have ever bought.
Why do I recommend this area rug?
- It is suitable for any room
- It is extremely stylish, this area rug will make your home look like a million dollar house
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It was made and designed for hardwood floors
- It is high quality
- It is easy to clean
- It doesn’t slip even though it doesn’t have any backing
- It is super soft and extremely comfy
- It looks amazing… the design of this area rug is just out of this world
- It has an extra 2-inch pile height to provide you with sink-in comfort
There are a lot of things that I love about the Safavieh Adirondack Area Rug but what I love the most is the quality, the thickness and the style, on top of that it cushioned , soft and very comfortable plus it doesn’t cost a lot of money… what more than you really ask for .
This will probably sound too good to be true, but buying an entry way door mat and an area rug was the best decision I’ve made this year when it comes to protecting my wooden floors.