Taking care of hardwood floors can be very expensive and high traffic can damage or wear your floors much faster than other areas in your home.
Today I’m going to share what I personally believe is the best way you can protect your hardwood floor on high traffic areas in your house.
The number one thing that can wear or damage your hardwood floor is dirty shoes.
Get a high-quality entry way rug:
Shoes can hold, absorb or soak small rocks underneath and walking on hardwood floors wearing dirty shoes will definitely cause scratches on your hardwood flooring that why it is important to buy a high-quality entry way rug such as the Hudson Fiber Entrance Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat.
As simple as buying a door mat for hardwood floors will help make your floor last a lot longer.
Which entry way mat do I recommend?
The only entry way mat that I recommend to home owners who have hardwood floors is the Hudson Fiber Floor Mat simple because it is what I also use and it awesome.
Why do I recommend this door mat?
- Because you can use it as an indoor mat and also use it as an outdoor mat
- You can put this mat where people enter the area that is high traffic in your home.
- It is long enough to take two to three steps before reaching the actual floor to make sure that the shoes underneath doesn’t have any rocks or sand that could damage or scratch your hardwood floor
- This mat has a very unique ridge construction that helps store dirt and moisture beneath shoe level
- It was specially made and designed for hardwood floors
- It is super high quality
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money, it is very affordable
- It is easy to clean
- It looks great in any room. you can put it in a living room or bedroom
- It best for high traffic areas since it stores dirt quickly
- It was made here in the United Sate of America, it very high quality entry way mat
CLICK HERE TO READ THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS from amazon so you can hear what other people are saying who have hardwood floors.
You are going to be amazed by the reviews as a lot of people are highly recommending it which means it really does work.
There are a lot of entry way hardwood floor mats to choose from available on the market right now but I highly recommend getting the Hudson Fiber entry way Floor Mat just because I have been using this mat for over 4 months and it works like magic.
Get an area rug:
Another way to protect your hardwood floor on high traffic areas is to put an area rug such as the Safavieh Hudson Plush Runner.
Buying an area rug can really help make your hardwood floors last longer even on high traffic areas.
Which area rug do I recommend for high traffic areas?
The only area rug that I recommend is the Safavieh Hudson Plush Runner simple because it is what I also use on my living room.
Why do I recommend this area rug?
- Because it will increase the life span of your hardwood floors since people will step on it instead of walking on the actual floor.
- It is very stylish, it will make your home look like a million dollar home
- This area rug is strong but comfy at the same time, it promotes an amazing soft feeling underfoot
- It has an extra 2-inch pile height to provide an exceptional sink-in comfort
- This area rug is good for high traffic areas because it has soft, thick, polypropylene fibers to ensure a durable, long lasting non-shedding rug
- It great for any room, living room, kitchen, office or bedroom… you can put it any where as long as that area is high traffic
- It beautiful, stylish but very strong at the same time
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It is available in a variety of eye-catching designs that you can choose from to match up the décor of the high traffic area you want to put on.
- It looks and feel premium
I bought this area rug for my living room because it is one of the most high traffic area in my house and I can’t even count the compliments I’ve received from people who come to my house.
Does an area rug really make a difference in high traffic areas?
CLICK HERE TO READ THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS from amazon to hear what other people are saying who have also purchased this area rug for their hardwood floors.
The only thing I can tell you about this area rug is that, you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it.
It is beautiful, it is fancy looking, it comfy, it soft and it affordable. It just perfect.
Does this area rug have backing?
No. it doesn’t have any backing, but it also doesn’t slip or move when I step on it. If you want to put it on high traffic areas then I would recommend getting a rug pad to keep it sturdy.
Please note: a rug pad can help keep the rug in place but you really don’t need it.
If you do not have the money to get a rug pad than relax, you do not have anything to worry about.
Advice: If you do have a little bit of cash than the only rug pad I would recommend is the Mohawk Non Slip Rug Pad just because it is what I also put under my area rugs and it freaking awesome…
Buying the entry way mat such as the Hudson Fiber Floor Mat and getting an area rug such as the Safavieh Hudson Plush Runner is by far the best way you can protect your hardwood floor in high traffic areas.
As simple as getting an entry way mat can really make a huge difference…
For me, buying an entryway rug and an area rug was worth every penny, I do not have a single regret from doing so since the hardwood floor is extremely protected in high traffic areas in my house.