There are 3 types of vinyl floors.
- The Vinyl sheet flooring last for 10 to 20 years
- The Vinyl plank flooring last for 15 to 20 years
- The Vinyl tile flooring last for 15 to 20 years
Please note: I know a lot of people who’ve had vinyl flooring in their homes for more than 30 years.
To be honest with you, it really depends, if you take really good care of your vinyl flooring than surely it will last you way longer than 20 years.
For households with a lot of traffic, than for sure it will not last as long as for people who are living alone.
Vinyl floor sheet is much cheaper than vinyl floor tiles and vinyl planks that is why vinyl planks and vinyl tiles tend to last a lot longer than vinyl sheet.
What is the best vinyl flooring between the three?
Well, vinyl planks and vinyl tiles are quite the same and both are way better than vinyl floor sheet.
So, I would highly avoid getting vinyl sheet because it not as strong or thick as the vinyl tile and vinyl plank.
How to make your vinyl floor last you longer than 20 years?
Well, the only thing you are going to need is to make sure to protect your vinyl floor from scratches… that is all you need.
Three thngs that you need to increase the life span of your vinyl flooring
What is the best way to protect your vinyl flooring from scratches and marks?
The first thing you are going to need is a high quality vinyl floor door mat that will help trap all the sand and small rocks stuck underneath your shoes.
What is the best doormat for vinyl floors?
The one and only doormat that I highly recommend to people who have vinyl flooring is the Hudson Fiber Entrance Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat simple because it is by far the best doormat available on the market right now when it comes to trapping all kinds of dirt stuck underneath the shoes.
Things that I love about this doormat:
- It works as an indoor and outdoor entry way rug to help trap dirt before reaching the actual floor
- It is 3x3, that means it is long enough to take two to three steps before reaching the actual floor
- It works as a shoes scraper
- It absorbs just about anything, you won’t even need to wipe your feet, this doormat will trap dirt while stepping on it
- It traps or scrap off dirt
- It traps water
- It scrap dust
- It traps grit
- It absorbs mud
- It absorbs snow
- It traps slush
- It traps sleep
- It absorbs water within seconds
- It absorbs all kinds of moisture from shoes instantly
- It will help keep your floor clean to prevent your dirty shoes from scratching or leaving marks on your floor
Where can you get this Hudson doormat?
Another thing that you will need if you want your vinyl floor to last you longer than 20 years is, you will need to protect your floor from heavy furniture or furniture feet that may easily dent or leaves marks on your floors.
What is the best way to protect you vinyl floor from heavy furniture or furniture feet to help make your vinyl floors last longer?
Well, protecting your vinyl floor from heavy furniture is extremely easy, the only thing that you are going to need are high quality furniture protectors for vinyl floor.
What are the best high quality furniture pads that are safe to use on vinyl flooring?
The only safe furniture pads that wont damage or discolor your vinyl floors are the X-Protector non slip furniture pads, I have been using this pads for over a year now and they work like magic.
These pads were made and designed for heavy duty plus they are non slip, they will help keep your furniture from sliding in order to prevent chairs, tables or any furniture feet from leaving dents or marks on your floor.
Things that I love about these furniture pads:
- These pads will protect your vinyl floor from furniture feet to keep any furniture from leaving marks or denting your expensive vinyl floors so your vinyl floors can last a lot longer than 20 years
- They come with a high quality rubber backing to help keep the furniture in place and prevent chairs, bed frame, tables or couches from sliding from scratching the floor
- The rubber backing is very high quality, it will not discolor your vinyl floors over time
- These pads were made for heavy duty, they work even on super heavy furniture such as a heavy piano or a heavy book case
- Easy to use, and also very cheap… these pads doesn’t cost a lot of money that is why they are a very good investment if you want your vinyl floor to last longer
- These pads are self adhesive, they stick to the furniture feet, which means, they don’t come off when lifting the furniture while cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping or mopping your floors
- If you have a bed frame that keeps moving and scratching your floor than these pads are exactly what you need to keep the bed in place
You can use these pads almost on every furniture in your house.
- Works great on kitchen or dining room chairs that keeps sliding and leaving marks on the floor
- They work very good on tables as well
- Your kids won’t be able to keep pushing tables or chairs around the house since they have a rubber backing
- If you have a sofa that moves easily and interrupt you while watching a movie or just chilling than you need these pads
- They are easy to resize, you can cut them using scissors
- They are very thick, about 1/5 inch thick which means they won’t add too much height on the furniture
- They are easy to stick on any furniture, but please make sure to clean the dust or dirt of the furniture feet before applying these pads so they can stick properly
- These x protector pads are great because they come in two shapes, round shaped and square shaped to make things a lot easier when resizing them to fit the furniture feet.
If you want to increase the life span of your vinyl floor by at least 30 years than investing on a high quality furniture pads is what you should do.
How much do these pads cost and where can you get them?
Furniture pads are cheap but they make a huge difference, they keep your heavy furniture from denting your floor they keep the furniture from sliding and leaving scuff marks and also keep the chairs from scratching your vinyl flooring.
Fixing vinyl floor scratches can cost quite a lot of money since you will need to buy new vinyl planks or vinyl tiles! That is why you need to invest on high quality furniture pads as soon as possible.
The last thing you need is a high quality vinyl floor cleaner that will help increase the life span of your vinyl floor shine or texture.
There are hundreds of floor cleaners that you can use but please be careful when shopping for a vinyl floor cleaner because most cleaners will discolor your floor over time.
Most floor cleaners available on the market right now are just garbage and 90% percent of floor cleaners will leave residue on your floors that is why you need to be very cautious when looking for a floor cleaner these days.
What is the best vinyl floor cleaner to help make your flooring last a lot longer?
The only vinyl floor cleaner that I highly recommend is the Rejuvenate High Performance Luxury Vinyl Tile Plank Floor Cleaner simple because it won’t leave residue, it won’t leave streaks and it also wont discolor your vinyl floors over time.
The reason I recommend this cleaner is because it was made and specially designed for luxury vinyl tile planks floors and it freaking awesome.
I have been using this cleaner for over two years now and it works like magic, it eliminate visible pet foot prints on my floor, it smells nice, it easy to use and it helps make my vinyl floor last longer.
What are the things that I love about this vinyl floor cleaner?
- It smell nice
- It doesn’t have a strong smell, I highly recommend it to people who hate strong cleaners since it doesn’t have too much scent
- It easy to use
- It doesn’t cause film
- It doesn’t leave residue on the floor
- It doesn’t leave streaks on the floor
- It doesn’t make the floor too glossy
- It doesn’t make the floor slippery
- It helps eliminate foot prints on the floor since it doesn’t have too much oils
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It is very high quality, it not just another cheap cleaner from china, this cleaner is made here in the United State
- It is great for daily use
- It dries quickly
- It removes all kinds of dirt
- It removes grime
- it will not leave a dulling film to help make your floors last longer
- it makes the floor looking spanking brand new
- it safe for homes with pets, great on dogs and cats
- it won’t make your pet sick
- it doesn’t have any chemicals that could discolor your floor over time
If you want you make your vinyl floor last longer, you definitely need to invest on a high quality floor cleaner that won’t leave a dulling film residue on your expensive floors.
How much does the Rejuvenate cleaner cost and where can you get it?
Is it possible to make your vinyl floor last longer than 30 years?
Yes it is very possible, I know quite a few people who’ve had vinyl floors for more than 30 years…
The only way to increase the life span of your vinyl floor is to invest on a doormat, furniture pads and make sure to buy a high quality floor cleaner.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (email@example.com)