If you have just installed vinyl plank flooring in your home and wondering How much weight can you put on top of your flooring than this article is exactly for you.
Vinyl flooring is extremely expensive that is why it is very important to protect it from heavy furniture, so it won’t wear or tear sooner than its life span.
Vinyl plank flooring has a 15-year life span, but it can last you a lot longer than 15 years if you take care of it.
So how much weight can vinyl plank floor handle?
Well, based on vinyl plank professional installers, it can handle about 500 pounds which is (226,796 Kilogram).
Please note: Vinyl plank flooring is extremely strong, it can handle a lot of heavy furniture such as heavy pianos and heavy refrigerators.
So, what is the best way to protect your vinyl floor from super heavy furniture that is over 500 pounds?
The best way to protect your vinyl floor from your heavy furniture is to use felt furniture pads.
Which furniture pads do I recommend for vinyl floors?
The only pads that I highly recommend are the X-PROTECTOR NON SLIP FURNITURE PADS simple because I have been using these pads for over 6 months now and they protect my vinyl floor extremely well.
Caution: Not all furniture pads are safe to use on vinyl plank flooring.
There are a lot of high-quality rubber furniture pads to choose from on amazon but DO NOT use rubber furniture pads on vinyl floors because they will stain your floor.
The only furniture pads that are safe to use on vinyl floors are felt pads that is why I highly recommend using the x-protector furniture pads because these are very safe to use on both vinyl and laminate.
Is it okay to put furniture that weigh more than 500 pounds on top of vinyl plank floors?
Yes, vinyl floors can handle 500-pound furniture easily, which means it can hold up to 600-pound furniture as long as you use high quality heavy duty felt pads such as the X-PROTECTOR.
I have tried a lot of different furniture pads and most were garbage, most left skid marks on my vinyl flooring that is why you need to be very careful when shopping for furniture pads.
Why do I recommend the X-PROTECTOR?
- It keeps the furniture in place
- It none slip, it has a backing that prevent the tables and chairs from slipping even if you have children that keeps pushing the chairs around
- My German shepherded dog used to push the table in the kitchen, but he cannot do it anymore because these pads hold the furniture in place
- These are by far the best furniture pads I have ever spent my money on, they are easy to use and safe to use on both light and dark vinyl plank flooring
- Another thing that I love about these pads is that, they are long lasting, these do not tear or wear easily.
- These are high quality furniture pads but cheap at the same time, almost anyone can afford using these pads
- These doesn’t stain my floor and also doesn’t leave residue
- I have been using them for quite some time now and I have never had any issues with using these pads
- They were specially made and designed for sensitive floors such as bamboo floor, vinyl floor and laminate floor.
- These pads are the most recommended furniture pads on amazon right now, why? Because they are high quality and they also doesn’t damage the floor
- Safe to use on vinyl plank flooring
- Easy to use
- It doesn’t leave residue
- It doesn’t leave skid marks
- It keeps the furniture in place
- It protects the floor from furniture legs
- It cheap but high quality at the same time
- It 1/5 inch, it won’t add too much height on your furniture
- It works on heavy furniture
- You can use it on your sofa legs to keep it from sliding
- You can use it on your bed feet to keep it in place
- You can use it on your dining chairs to protect your children from falling
- You can use it on your couch so it wont slide
- Some people even use it on bed frames
- These doesn’t come in custom sizes, you will have to custom size them yourself using scissors or a knife
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using these pads on vinyl flooring.
What are the things that I don’t like about these pads while using them on vinyl floor?
For now, I do not have anything negative to say about these pads simple because they’ve never given me any issues.
The only thing I can tell you is that, if these pads work for me than they should also work for you too.
What are the pros and cons of using furniture pads?
How much do these pads cost?
You really don’t have to worry about the price though, these are cheap.
Do these furniture pads have latex?
No, these pads are felt.
Please note: Do not use latex furniture pads: based on the vinyl plank flooring info, never use anything with natural rubber to avoid discoloration.
Latex furniture pads will slowly discolor your vinyl floor that is why it recommended to only use felt pads.
How long does these pads last?
It depends on the weight of your furniture.
Where to buy?
What makes these furniture pads different from other pads?
These were specially made and designed for vinyl plank flooring, these have tenacious adhesive which does not come off from furniture legs. And it also doesn’t leave skid marks.
The furniture pads that I used before were garbage, they left skid marks and I had to scrub the floor to remove the residue stains.
The X-PROTECTOR Pads are what I recommended because they've never given me any issues.