Well, it really depends on how heavy the furniture is. But it is highly recommended that you wait at least 24 hours before putting the furniture after installing laminate floor in order to prevent the floor from being squeaky.
Please note: if the furniture is very heavy than wait 24 hours, but if the furniture is not that heavy than wait at least 15 hours before putting back the furniture.
Laminate flooring can get squeaky if you put back the furniture too soon, especially heavy furniture such as a refrigerator or a piano.
What is the best way to protect laminate flooring from furniture?
Well, the only way to protect your newly installed laminate floor from furniture feet is to use high quality furniture pads such as the X-Protector non slip furniture pads.
You can use furniture pads on:
- Bed feet
- Table feet
- Couch feet
- Chair feet
- Refrigerator feet
- Piano feet and a lot more
There are quite a lot of ways to protect your furniture from furniture feet but the best and the easiest way is to use furniture pads.
There are a lot of different furniture pads available on the market right now that you can choose from, but I only recommend X-Protector Pads simple because it is what I use, and they work like magic.
Why do I recommend using these furniture pads?
- These will help make your laminate floor last longer
- Pads will prevent your furniture feet from scratching your floor
- Pads will also help keep the furniture in place
- These pads have a supper high quality backing that keeps the furniture from sliding
My dog use to push the coffee table around the dining room and that caused a lot of damage on the floor but that has not happened since I started using these pads.
My 2-year-old son also loved to push the kitchen chairs around, but that also has not happened since the day I started using these pads under the chair feet.
Another thing that I love about these pads is that, the rubber backing doesn’t discolor or damage the floor over time.
I have been using these furniture pads for over 4 months now and the only thing I can tell you is that, you are not going to have a single regret from using them.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using these furniture pads to protect their laminate floor and vinyl floors from furniture.
What are the things that I love about these furniture pads?
- These are easy to use
- Doesn’t discolor my laminate floor
- Doesn’t leave the floor sticky
- Doesn’t leave residue
- Doesn’t leave any adhesive on the floor
- They also last for a very long time
- They work on both light and super heavy furniture
- Doesn’t cost a lot of money
- Cheap but high quality at the same time
- By far the cheapest high-quality furniture pads I have ever used
- They were made and specially designed for hardwood floor, laminate floor, vinyl floor and engineered hardwood floor
- These pads don’t come off when lifting the furniture while cleaning, sweeping or moping the floor because they stick to the furniture leg
- My bed used to slide when having sex with my wife but that has not happened since I started using these pads under my bed feet
- Doesn’t smell and doesn’t cause build up
- These also doesn’t leave marks on the floor
- They prevent the furniture from making annoying noise
Getting rid of scratches or marks on laminate floor can cost quite a lot of money that is why it is highly recommended to use furniture pads as soon as possible after installing laminate floor for your floors to last you longer.
These pads are strong, and they last for a very long time, which means you won’t need to change or replace them often.
What I love the most about the pads is that, they are only 1/5-inch-thick, which means they do not add to much height on the furniture.
How much do these pads cost?
What are the things that I don’t like about using these furniture pads on my laminate floor?
Well, these pads work like magic, I honestly do not have anything that I don’t like about them simple because they protect my laminate floor extremely well.
I honestly do not see myself using anything else other than these pads when it comes to protecting the floor from furniture just because they do a very good job in preventing scratches and marks on the floor…
My dad used to say, there is no such thing as a perfect product, well I beg to differ because these pads are perfect as they have never given me any issues.
How to use these furniture pads?
Well, using these is easy as 1.2.3 lol… you won’t need any special skills. The only thing you do is, you peel the non-slip pad from the back paper and stick the pad on the feet of the furniture.
Please note: make sure the furniture feet is clean underneath so that the pad can stick properly.
If the furniture feet or surface of the furniture is not clean, the pad won’t be able to stick because of the dirt, dust or mud.
So, wipe of surface before you stick the pad on the feet.
How long do these pads last?
Well, it really depends on how heavy the furniture is.
But these pads can last for a very long time, they were made for heavy duty.
I have been using them of almost 4 months and I still haven’t changed replaced any.
Where to buy?
You can CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE FROM AMAZON.
The reason I recommend amazon is because these pads are not available on local shops.
I hope this article was helpful.
Reminder: after installing laminate floor in your home, wait at least 24 hours before putting back the furniture to prevent your floor from being squeaky. Good luck and god bless.