Has your hardwood floor seen better days? Well, rather than replacing it, you can just refinish it to make it look like new.
About a week ago, I also refinished my floors, by far the best DIY project I have ever done.
You are reading this blog post because your hardwood floors have been refinished but not sure when is the right time to put back the furniture.
Well, putting back the furniture too early is not a great idea after refinishing your hardwood floor that is why you need to wait a little bit longer.
So, when is it the right time to put back the furniture on refreshed wood floors?
Well, I personally recommend you to wait at least 24 hours before putting back the furniture.
Please note: in other to prevent your furniture from denting or scratching the floor, you need to use X-PROTECTOR Premium Furniture Pads to help make your floors last longer.
Furniture feet can easily dent refinished wood floors that is why it is very important to always use furniture pads on all your furniture feet in order to increase the lifespan of your wood floors.
Rug pads will help you get rid of the annoying noise made by the chair feet, they are easy to use and extremely useful.
Why do I recommend using furniture pads after refinishing your hardwood floor?
- They work on tables, chairs, couch sofa, fridge and even on a bed frame
- They will not discolor your hardwood floor over time
- They will not leave any residue on your floor
- They can help prevent the furniture from slipping, if you have furniture that keeps on sliding than these pads will help keep the furniture in place
- You can put them on any furniture, they work on both light weight and super heavy furniture because they were made and designed for heavy duty
- They are easy to install, you just peel off the plastic, wipe the furniture feet and then stick the pad on the leg of the furniture
Do these pads really prevent the furniture from scratching the floor?
Yes, they do…
CLICK HERE TO READ CUSTOMER REVIEWS ON AMAZON just so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using these pads.
I purchased these pads after reading the reviews since a lot of people who have hardwood floors were also highly recommending them.
To be honest, before buying these pads, I was a bit skeptical at first, I thought they were not going to work but they kind of worked way better than I expected because they also prevent my kitchen chairs from making annoying noise.
There are quite a lot of furniture pads that are available on amazon right now, but the X-PROTECTOR Premium Furniture Pads are what I recommend simple because they worked a lot better than I expected and they do not leave residue on the floor on top of that they do not discolor the floor finish over time.
What are the things that I love about these pads?
- They were designed for hardwood floors, laminate floors and vinyl floors
- They work on all types of furniture
- They do not add too much height on the chairs, you won’t even notice the difference in height… Not thick at all. I would say 1/2 a cm or less
- I have been using them for quite a while now and they have never slide off and also haven never left a sticky residue on my hardwood floor like the other pads I have tried
- they stick to the furniture very well, they have a very strong sticky adhesive to help prevent the pads from sliding off , good thing about the adhesive on these pads is that it won’t ruin the furniture in the long run
- These are the only non-staining pads I’ve found, they will never stain the surface you're protecting, I’ve had these for a while on my hardwood floor with no staining.
- They are ecofriendly, great for homes with kids or homes with pets because they are non-toxic.
- Believe it or not but you can also use these on a dryer, washing machine or even on a stove… use them on anything that could scratch your newly refinished floor
- they come in two different colors so it's a bit more discreet.
How long will these last?
To be honest, I’m really not sure… the only thing that I can promise you is that the quality of the adhesion is phenomenal, it extremely strong. I have 4 kids, they push the chairs back and forth very often and these still stayed on.
They haven’t fall off, they haven’t slide off, they stay on the furniture very well… I really hope that they will last me for a very long time.
How much do these cost?
What are the things that you need to know about these pads?
Well, as much as I love these pads, the only downfall is that they do not slide easily on the floors, they are great for keeping the furniture from leaving marks but they make it very hard to move my kitchen chairs.
If you want to protect your floors from tables, couches and sofas than these are great but not as good when using them on dining chairs because they keep the chairs from sliding.
They definitely make it hard to move chairs because of the backing but other than that these are a great way to protect your newly refinished floors from furniture scratches.
What are the things that I do not like using these pads on hardwood floor?
- There is nothing that I don’t like about these pads simple because they haven’t given me any issues.
- The other pads that I tried caused a lot of problems, they didn’t hold up very well, the X-PROTECTOR PADS are the only pads that worked for me that is why I highly recommend them to people who have hardwood floors.