Did you just install vinyl floors in your home? Well, congratulations
How does it feel? I’m pretty sure it feels good .
I also remember the day I got vinyl flooring in my dining room, best feeling ever.
Vinyl floors will definitely make your home look like a million-dollar home lol.
But, as we all know… vinyl flooring is very sensitive, that is why it is very important not walk to soon after installing the floor.
Do not make the same mistake that most people do, which is, walking on vinyl floors too soon which causes a lot of problems over time.
You need to wait until at least 24 hours before walking on your newly installed vinyl flooring to prevent the floor from making annoying squeaky noise in the long run.
Wait 24 hours for the floor to fully stick on the subfloor.
Another very important thing to know after installing vinyl floors is that, you also need to also wait 24 hours before you bring back the furniture.
And make sure to use X-PROTECTOR Pack Furniture Pads to prevent the furniture legs from leaving marks or denting your newly installed vinyl floor.
If you have kids, also make sure to prevent them from walking on the floor too early or else your vinyl floor will give you a lot of problems over time, such as making unwanted sound.
Why is it important to wait 24 hours before walking on newly installed vinyl flooring?
If you walk too soon, the floor will make squeaky noise, which is very annoying.
Vinyl floor needs to fully stick on the sub floors, so give the floor at least 24 hours.
Can you put heavy furniture on vinyl flooring?
Yeah… but you will need high-quality Furniture pads for vinyl plank flooring.
Vinyl floor is extremely strong, but make sure that the furniture is not more than 500 pounds.
But, make sure to always use pads because furniture can also easily dent your floors.
Vinyl floor is very sensitive, furniture legs can easily leave marks on your floor, that is why it is very important to use high quality furniture pads to help keep the furniture from ruing your floors over time.
What are the things that you can do to make your vinyl flooring last longer?
Well, taking care of vinyl flooring is extremely easy.
If you want to increase the life span of your vinyl floors, you need to protect it from scratches.
What is the best way to protect your vinyl floors from scratches?
Easy… just use furniture pads on all your furniture legs.
Vinyl legs can easily dent vinyl floors, especially chairs and tables.
What are the best furniture pads that are safe and suitable for vinyl floors?
I’m only going to recommend the pads that I also use.
The furniture pads that I personally use are the X-PROTECTOR Pack Furniture Pads.
I have been using these pads for over a year now and they do a really good job when it comes to protecting my vinyl floors from furniture legs, especially heavy furniture.
What are the things that I love about these furniture pads?
- They do not leave scuff makes on the floor
- They work even on super heavy furniture
- They also help keep the furniture from sliding, if you have a couch, sofa or chairs that keeps sliding than you definitely need these pads
- They are easy to apply, you just stick them on the furniture leg and you done
- They will help keep the furniture from denting the floor
Do people need to take their shoes off when entering the house to protect your vinyl floor?
Well, vinyl floors are sensitive to scratches.
So, dirty shoes will definitely slowly but surely ruin your floors over time.
Taking off shoes inside the house is also a common practice among Americans, but if you have kids, you will need to get a high-quality doormat that can trap dirt, sand, water and small rocks stuck underneath the shoes.
We have 3 kids and they always forget to take their shoes off when entering the house.
So, what I did was, I bought a doormat and it works like magic. It does a really good job when it comes to tapping all kinds of dirt’s.
The entrance doormat that I use is very expensive since it has a unique ridged construction to effectively store dirt and moisture beneath shoe level.
The name of this doormat is Hudson Exchange 4310 Waterhog Fashion Floor Mat and it works like magic.
So, what are the things that I love about this entrance mat?
- It traps water
- It traps small rocks stuck underneath the shoes
- It traps snow
- It traps mud, sand and grits
- It easy to clean
- It dries quickly, I highly recommend it to people who live in a States that has a lot of snow or people who live in areas that rains a lot
- It comes with a super high-quality backing to keep it from sliding
- Its high quality, by far the best entrance mat I have ever used
- It looks very stylish, it will definitely make your home look a lot more stylish plus it brings color to the room
- Its wont stain your vinyl floors in the long run
- It is easy to clean, you just hose it or vacuum it
- It best for high traffic areas, best for people who have large a family
- It also cleans pet paws very well, if you have a dog then you need this mat
There are a quite a lot of cheaper entrance mats that you can use but, if you want to protect your vinyl floors, you need to get a high-quality mat that can trap all kinds of dirt to prevent the shoes from scratching the floor.
This mat is attractive and it does the job… buying this mat was a great investment for me.
The life span of vinyl floors is about 15 to 20 years, but there are a lot of ways to increase the life span of vinyl floors.
3 things to do after installing vinyl floors
- Wait 24 hours until you walk on the floor
- Wait 24 hours until you put back the furniture and always use furniture pads
- Also use a high-quality entrance mat to prevent dirty shoes from scratching your floors.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)