A rug pad should be 1/4-inch-thick, why? because that should be enough to make the rug comfortable without adding too much height on your area rugs.
There are a lot of rug pads that are 1/4 thick to choose from available on amazon.
Which rug pad do I recommend for hardwood floors?
The only rug pad that I personally recommend for hardwood floors is the Mohawk Home Dual Surface Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad because I also use it and it is also 1/4 thick.
Why do I recommend this rug pad?
Because I have been using it for over a year now and it hasn’t given me any issues.
- It is non-slip
- It prevents my area rugs from sliding
- It keeps my small carpet in place
- It makes my area rugs more comfortable
- It works great on all types of hardwood floors
- It good on bamboo wood floor
- It good on laminate wood floor
- It good on engineered wood floor
- It good on vinyl plank wood floor
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It makes rugs comfortable
- It adds cushion to your carpet
- It easy to cut or resize
- It doesn’t add too much height to the area rug
- It doesn’t leave residue
- It doesn’t cause build up
- It doesn’t discolor the floor
- And it also doesn’t ruin or damage the wood floor over time like most of the rug pads I have tried
- It is made here in the United State unlike most of the cheap rug pad that are coming from china
- It easy to use
- It keeps rugs in place and prevent area rugs from sliding
- It good even on area rugs that are on high traffic areas
- It doesn’t have a bad smell
- It doesn’t have chemicals or toxins that could discolor your floor
- Its super high quality
How much does it cost?
I recommended this rug pad to a friend of mine who is very stingy and he told me that it was too expensive for him…
- If you also think that this rug pad is expensive than the only thing I can promise you is that, you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it… it is worth every penny.
I have been using this rug pad for over a year and I’m very happy with my purchase simple because it does exactly what I needed from a rug pad and it ¼ thick.
It makes the rug comfy without adding too much height on the rug.
If you have hardwood floors than this rug pad is exactly what you need in order to prevent your area rugs from slipping without adding too much height on the rug.
What is this rug pad made off?
It is felt...
The felt material is made of some sort of recycled plastic, which is what I expected lol. It's not pretty though, but rug pads are not meant to be pretty lol.
What are the things that I don’t like about this rug pad?
To be honest, its’ kind of ugly lol, but it wasn’t supposed to be pretty, its main job is to prevent my rugs from slipping on my hardwood floor.
This rug pad works way better than I expected that is why I highly recommend it to people who have hardwood floor to prevent their rugs from slipping.
Will a 1/4 thick rug pad make the area rugs or carpet super comfortable?
It does make a rug comfy but don’t expect big cushioning.
You need to know that this rug pad is 1/4” felt.
Felt is very solid. They sell felt pads to go under furniture. It’s not really a cushion but it does add some cushion to the rugs.
What this rug pad really does is to add a premium feel underfoot by increasing the thickness of the rug, protect your floors and also keep your rugs from slipping.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who have also purchased this rug pad.
You are going to be blown away by the reviews since a lot of people who have hardwood floors are also highly recommending it. Which means it freaking awesome.
I have recommended this rug pad to a lot of people who have hardwood floors and they all have told me that they loved it that is why I’m very positive that you are going to love it as well.
If it works on my laminate hardwood floors than it should work on your hardwood floors as well…
Where to buy?
CLICK HERE TO BUY ON AMAZON
I also bought it from amazon and I’m very happy with my purchase plus it was also delivered on time.
When I received it, it came folded in a box vs rolled up and it laid perfectly flat within seconds after taking it out of the box.
What are pros and cons of this 1/4 thick rug pad?
- It doesn’t add too much height on the rug
- It is felt, it super strong and will last you for many years to come
- It is easy to cut or resize
- It keeps the area rugs and carpet from sliding or slipping
- It makes the rug comfier as it adds a ¼ thickness under the rug
- For me, this rug pad is kid of ugly but I freaking love it because it does its job pretty well and it hides very well under the rug.
Is it bad to buy a rug pad that is more than ¼ thick?
Not really, but I don’t recommend buying a rug pad that has more than ¼ thickness simple because it going to add too much height on the rug which can cause a lot of problems.
A rug pad that has too much thickness will cause too many issues.
The reason to buy a ¼ thick rug is because it adds just enough padding and makes a thin rug feel a little thicker.
The reason I love the Mohawk Home Dual Rug Pad is simple because It doesn’t move under the rug and there is no weird odor at all attached to it.