There are quite a few reasons why an area rug can discolor your laminate flooring.
Some rugs have a rubber backing that doesn’t go well with laminate floor and some rugs are just garbage.
The top reason why most rugs discolor laminate flooring is that the backing underneath the rugs blocks the Ultraviolet light from hitting the floor.
What is Ultraviolet Light? It is just some type of radiation that comes from the sun...
Another reason a rug may discolor the laminate floor is because the backing doesn’t have any room for air to flow under the rug that is why I’m against area rugs that have super thick backing.
Some rugs are just garbage, a lot of rugs that discolor laminate flooring are mostly coming from china, I’ve bought quite a few cheap, low quality area rugs from amazon which caused a lot of issues over time.
Most area rugs that you will find locally are poor quality imported PVC and plastic which contains chemicals.
Believe it or not but a lot of rugs have chemical such as oils ballots clay fillers.
Other adhesive that are underneath rugs will react with the chemicals in your floor finish, which will cause your laminate floor to have stains or fade over time.
So, what is the best way to keep rugs from discoloring your laminate floor?
The solution is easy, you need to put a rug pad underneath your rugs…
Please note: not all rug pads are safe to use on laminate floors, some rug pads will also discolor your floors over time.
Which rug pad is safe and suitable for laminate flooring?
The only safe rug pad that I personally use under my area rugs is the RUG PAD USA simple because I’ve been using it for over two years and it has never discolored my laminate floors.
2 reasons to put a rug pad on rugs that are on laminate floors
1. Rug pads are non-slip:
Most area rugs come with some sort of backing, but most rug backings will ruin and damage or even discolor your laminate floors over time.
It better to use a rug pad because it will protect your floor from rug backings and also keep your area rugs from slipping.
The reason I recommend the RUG PAD USA is simple because it will never discolor your floors over time. It was made and designed for sensitive floors such as laminate, hardwood and bamboo floors.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS just to hear what other people are saying who are also using this rug pad under area rugs that are on laminate flooring.
You are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people who have laminate floors are also recommending it, which means it does work.
2. A rug pad will add cushioning to your area rugs
Most rug pads are 1/2 and 1/4 inch thick, your area rugs are going to feel a lot comfier because of the added cushioning
Rug pads also make rugs look a lot more expensive, just make sure to cut the rug pad 1 inch less than your rug size on all four sides so the pad won’t be visible.
Will a rug pad really prevent area rugs from discoloring your laminate floor?
Yes, it will… I’ve had this rug pad for quite a long time now and it has never given me any issues and also hasn’t ruined my laminate floors.
What are the things that I love about the RUGPADUSA?
There are a lot of things that I personally love about my rug pad but what I love the most is that, it adds cushioning to my rugs and also prevent rugs from discoloring my laminate floor.
- It helps keep rugs from slipping
- It makes my area rugs a lot comfier
- It makes rugs look a lot more expensive because of the added layer
- It makes rugs stay put even on high traffic areas
- It doesn’t smell bad over time
- It protects the floor from water spillages
- It easier to cut, you can resize it using scissors or a sharp knife
- Another great thing about this rug pad is that, it about ¼ inch thick, it adds cushioning without adding too much height on the rugs
- It prevents trip hazards
- It makes the laminate floor last a lot longer since it keeps rubber backed rugs from ruin the floor over time, rug pads definitely increase the lifespan of the laminate floor
- It gives area rugs a luxurious feel
- It eco-friendly, my dog love’s it and also my daughter’s cat loves it
- My dog loves to take a nap on the dining room rug because of this rug pad underneath, it makes our dining rug feel super soft and comfy
- It will also increase the lifespan of your area rugs
- If you have an area rug that has a full of wrinkles or a rug that is way too thin than you definitely should get a rug pad
- I also recommend a rug pad to people who have super sensitive feet because it gives a rug a nice spongy softness when walking or standing on a rug
What are the things that I do not like about my rug pad?
Well, I’ve had this rug pad for over 2 years now and honestly do not have anything that I do not like about it, what only annoying about it is that, it quite heavy and not machine washable.
The only thing that I can promise you about this rug pad is that, you are not going to be disappointed, you won’t have a single regret from spending your money on it… it worth every penny.
Where can you get this rug pad for a much cheaper price?
You can find it on a lot of online shops but I highly recommend buying it HERE ON AMAZON so you can get it for a much reasonable price because it quite expensive when buying it locally.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (email@example.com)