Amazon has hundreds if not thousands of different non slip rug pads that are safe for vinyl floors. But it can be very difficult to choose one since there are just too many options.
So. which rug pad should you buy for vinyl floors?
I have vinyl plank floors in my house and I have tried at least 3 different rug pads this year but I personally believe that the Mohawk Home Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad is by far the best rug pad I have ever used.
You need to be very careful when shopping for a rug pad because most rug pads are not safe to use on vinyl floors that why I’m only recommending the Mohawk Rug Pad because it was specially made and designed for hardwood flooring.
What are the things that I love about this rug pad?
- It is safe to use on vinyl hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on laminate hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on engineered hardwood floor
- It is safe to use on bamboo hardwood floor
- It works on all hardwood floor types
- It adds cushion to the rugs
- It makes rugs comfy
- It makes the rug feel soft to the feet
- It keeps the rugs in place
- It prevents the carpet from slipping or sliding
- It is easy to use
- It is easy to cut or resize
- It doesn’t have a bad smell
- It doesn’t have weird odor
- It is made and manufactured here in the United State
- You can easily spot clean it using detergent and water
- It is safe to children
- It is safe to pets
- It keeps your children from getting injured, How? Because it keeps the rugs from slipping just incase your kids are running and playing around the house
- It makes cheap rugs feel and look more expensive
- It is ¼ inch thick, this is great because it adds cushion without adding too much height to the rug.
- It makes your area rugs last longer
- It increases the life span of your hardwood floor
- If you have cheap area rugs than this rug pad will help and reduce wear and tear
- It can be easily trimmed, most rug pads are very hard to cut
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
What are the that you need to know about this rug pad?
The most important thing you need to know about this rug pad is that, you should cut the pad one inch less than your rug size on all four sides so the pad can remain hidden under your rugs.
Please note: if the rug pad is slightly smaller than the rug than the edges of the rug will taper to the floor… just cut the pad an inch less than the actual rug.
Another important thing you need to know about this rug pad is that, do not try to wash in using a washing machine… only spot clean it.
What are the pros and cons of this rug pad?
- It perfect for hardwood floor
- The manufacture of this rug pad designed it to work best on hardwood flooring that why I highly recommend it to people who have vinyl floors such as myself
- It does keep the rugs in place
- It helps prevent trip hazards accidentally caused by a heel of a shoe
- It is easy to spot clean
- You can clean it using water
- It reduces noise
- It is also very easy to vacuum
- It doesn’t scratch or damage the floor
- It makes your area rugs last longer
- It makes your rugs look kind of stylish or expensive
- It doesn’t come cheap, but the only thing I can tell you is that, buying it was worth every penny, I do not have any complains.
Is this rug pad really safe to use on vinyl plank floors?
Yes, it is very safe, you do not have anything to worry about.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying.
At first, I was very skeptical about spending my money on this rug pad but I bought it anyway and I’m very happy with my purchase.
What made me buy this rug pad was the customer reviews since a lot of people who have bought it were also highly recommending it.
I highly recommend reading customer reviews before buying anything online just to prevent getting ripped off…
Should you cut this rug pad with scissors or Stanly knife?
This rug pad is felt, it hard… the best way to trim it is to use scissors to match the exact size and shape of your rug.
But make sure to cut it one inch less than the rug so it can nicely remain hidden.
How many years will this rug pad last?
I honestly don’t know, there are a lot of people under the amazon customer reviews who have claimed of using it for more than three years…
What are the things that amazed me about this rug pad?
- It is well made
- It looks ugly but it okay since it is hidden under a rug
- It fits well under my rugs
- it not very soft, but I guess it because it is felt
- it prevents my thick inexpensive polypropylene rugs from scratching my floor
- it’s kind of does more than what I expected since it also makes the rug feel soft to the feet
- my dogs have started to love sleeping on my carpet since the day I started using this rug pad, I guess it because it makes the carpet a little bit comfy
- my kids love running in the house, one day one of my boys got injured after he slipped because of the sliding rug but that has never happened since I started using this rug pad under my carpets and area rugs.
What are the things that I do not like about this rug?
This will probably sound too good to be true but for now I’m very happy with it, I do not have any complains.
There is no such thing as a perfect rug pad but this one is kind of perfect lol.