Are you looking for high quality office chair caster wheels that won’t ruin your carpet over time?
If yes, then this article is exactly for you.
There are hundreds of caster wheels available on the market right now that you can choose from.
But, you need to be very careful when shopping for caster wheels for your office chair.
Why? Because not all caster wheels are safe to use on carpet.
All the wheels I listed below are safe for carpet and all are rubber wheels.
Please note: All these wheels are high quality rubber, none of these wheels will damage or wear your carpet in the long run.
|1. Office Chair Wheels Replacement by Lifelong||Read more...|
|2.OPTTICO Office Chair Casters Wheels Replacement||Read more...|
|3.Office Owl Office Chair Wheels Replacement||Read more...|
|4.Office Chair Caster Wheels by Oasis||Read more...|
|5. 8T8 Replacement Office Chair Caster Wheels||Read more...|
|6.Professional Office Chair Caster Wheels by Seddox||Read more...|
|These are by far the best 6 long lasting high quality office chair caster wheels for carpet|
The number one caster wheels that I personally recommend and also personally use are the lifelong wheels, I have been using these wheels for over 3 months now and they work like magic.
These wheels come in a set of five, they are high quality rubber, they work with almost all types of office chairs and they are also stylish.
These wheels will look good in almost any office chair…
- They work well on carpet
- They also work with all type of hard surfaced floors such as hardwood and more
- They glide easily
- They roll nicely
- They do not make squeaky annoying noise when gliding the chair
- They do not leave scuff marks
- They don’t discolor the floor
- They do not wear the carpet
- They are easy to install
- They do not attract pet hair
- They were made and specially designed for carpet
- Doesn’t cost a lot of money but high quality at the same time
- These wheels are not compatible with IKEA chairs
If you are looking for replacement wheels that are high quality than these wheels are by far the best caster wheels I have ever used, these are 100 times better than the original wheels that came with my office chair.
The reason these wheels are in the number one spot is because they’ve never given me any problems, they glide nicely and they don’t make noise plus they also don’t attract dog hair. I highly recommend these replacement wheels.
Okay, these wheels are my wife’s favorites.
Well, to be honest, these wheels are the same as the lifelong wheels, the only different thing is the logo and the name lol.
I asked my wife, what are the things that she likes about these wheels.
This is what she had to say:
Things that my wife liked about the opttico wheels:
- Were easy to install, she installed these wheels herself and she didn’t need any tools to do it, you can install these with your bare hands
- They do not make noise when gliding the chair
- They do not leave marks on the vinyl floor, my wife has vinyl floors on her home office
- they glide and roll on area rugs
- they are super strong
- they were made for heavy duty
- they can withstand up to 650 pounds, great for oversized people as well
- not expensive but also not cheap, anyone can afford these wheels
- they don’t attract pet hair like the wheels that she was using before
- they look luxurious, these kinda makes the office chair look a lot more expensive
- will last you for a very long time
- work well on graveled floors, they don’t wear easily even when using them on super rough concrete floors
- they also glide smoothly on carpet
- they are transparent, to help make them look good on any office chair
What are the things that my wife didn’t like about these wheels?
Well, she told me that, there is nothing that she doesn’t like about them, so I guess we have to take her word for it lol.
My wife is very choosy and extremely picky, if she likes these wheels, I’m pretty sure that you are going to love these too lol.
The office owl casters were designed to fit all standard office and computer chairs… even gaming chairs as well.
These work on hardwood floor, vinyl floor, laminate floor, carpeted floors and tile floors.
These were not designed for carpet only, these will work on almost all types of floors.
Things that you are going to love about these office wheels:
- They do not make noise when gliding the chair no matter what surface you choose
- They do not damage the carpet
- These wheels fit very well on Aeron and Costco office chairs
- If you have a fluffy carpet than these will work just fine
- Greta thing about these wheels is that, they are roll nice on all types of floors
- They will work on chairs with threaded stem
- They are easy to install, you won’t need any special skills or special tools to install them
The only thing that I can tell you about the owl wheels is that, these office chair casters really do exactly what they are advertised to do.
You definitely won’t have any problems with these wheels, whether you are using them on hardwood floor or carpeted floors.
What are the things that you need to know about these owl wheels?
The only thing that you need to know about these wheels is that, you are going to be So glad you found these!
The Oasis chair casters are exactly the same as the office Owl and the Lifelong lol.
There is really nothing much to say about these casters, except that, there only different thing from these and the Lifelong is the name lol.
- they are safe for all floors
- they won’t damage your expensive carpet
- they are not cheap but also not expensive, just affordable
- they were made from high quality materials that won’t ruin sensitive floors
- they are soft rubber
- they are made from polyurethane material to make sure that they do not ruin the carpet over time
- they are strong, the entire bracket is made of high-grade steel, basically these were made for heavy duty
- they were also designed to support up to 650 lbs, it doesn’t matter how heavy you are, these casters will work just fine
- they provide easy gliding
- they also don’t make any sound when rolling the chair, great for people who are looking for quite rolling casters
The only thing that makes these casters somewhat unique is the style, there are a little bit different when it comes to the style and the design but they are pretty much the same as the lifelong casters.
I bought these casters just to test them before I included them in this article.
well, I only used them for 4 days just to test how they glide on the carpet and I was quite impressed with them.
If I had to rate these wheels, I would give them a 10 out of 10 just because they didn’t scratch or damage the carpet since I was using them daily for about four days.
If I had to describe these casters in five words, I would say *smooth rolling quality chair wheels*... great for all types of floors.
If you care about the style or the design, then the Oasis casters are by far the most stylish casters in this top six list.
The 8t8 are a soft rubber.
Good swift motion, the rubber is very durable, works well with almost all office chairs, you wont even need to check the size, you just pull out the old wheels and install these easily.
These wheels were designed to fit all standard office chairs.
Good thing about these wheels is that, they fit about 95% office chairs plus these are way easier to install, you won’t even need any tools to install.
Office chairs that are compatible with the 8t8 wheels:
- Herman Miller Aeron
- HumanScale Freedom
- Lazyboy Serta
- And a lot more, these work on all most all office chairs…
How to know if these wheels will fit and work with your office chair?
The stem size of these wheels is 11mm (7/16), diameter is 22mm (7/8) length.
The only thing that you need to do is, pull out the original wheels that came with the chair and measure the stem size.
If the stem size is 11mm than these will work.
What are the pros and cons of these 8t8 wheels?
- They won’t wear your carpet
- They have two different designs... some can be plug-in and some can be screwed
- Lifetime guarantee, you can return them if they break… what more can you ask for??
- They are excellent on all types of floors
- They are super quiet and smooth
- They don’t have the maximum weight limit... these will work no matter how heavy you are… I’m pretty sure you are not heavier than 650 lbs
- Much better than the original wheels that came with your office chair
- They have a great look, they look good on any office chair
- They won’t leave any marks on the floor
- I bought them, just to test them for a few days before I included them in this article, what I noticed about these wheels is that, they are quite and very durable but they are not that smooth.
- I only used them for about two days, I really liked them but they were not that smooth even though they roll well on carpet.
If you are looking for super smooth wheels, then, I personally wouldn’t recommend these wheels.
Okay, these casters were designed for hard surfaced floors but they also work on carpet.
They were designed for wood floor, laminate floor, tile floor and vinyl floor but they also glide very smoothly on carpeted flooring.
If you are looking for cheap chair caster wheels then the Saddox wheels are what you should buy.
If your office has super sensitive floors than you definitely should get these wheels.
Why? Because they are made from soft polyurethane materials, they won’t cause any damage to any type of flooring.
The manufacture of these wheels have said that *these work great on short carpet as well*, so if you have short carpet in your office, than you’ve got to give these a try.
These will provide you with soft and quite gliding, they roll without making any annoying squeaky noise.
Are these wheels reliable over time?
Yes, these are soft but also strong at the same time, they were made for heavy duty.
These are much softer than all the wheels I listed in this article but they also can withstand up to 650 lbs.
Don’t let the softness of these wheels fool you by thinking that they are not strong, these are extremely strong but doesn’t cost a lot of money at the same time.
These were designed for a long term, they will last you for a very long time even when using them daily.
Please note: before buying these wheels, make sure that your office chair stem size is 7/16…
What are the things that you are going to love about these Seddox wheels?
- They will make your chair look a lot more stylish and modern
- These also makes the office chair kinda look at lot more expensive
- Great for student chairs, luxury leather chairs and computer chairs
- They have large rollers to kinda decorate your interior in the office
- These wheels are definitely universal, these will work on at least 98% of office chairs
- These are soft, which means, these are great on slightly thicker carpet even though these were made for hard surfaced floors
If you need high quality soft caster wheels for your office chair than these wheels are a great option for you.
Comments are Now closed for this post (-_-)
I got the 8t8, great caster wheels, cheap and very reliable... I don’t have any complains.
I got these casters a few days ago after reading this article I’m very happy with my purchase, I would highly recommend these caster wheels to anyone looking for high quality but cheap replacement wheels for office chairs.
I have hardwood floor in my office and these wheels roll just fine, I also have a large carpet in my office and these wheels also glide just fine on the carpet.
There is no such thing as perfect wheels but for now I honestly do not have anything to complain about...
I purchased the 8t8 just because the lifelong ones were out of stock, I haven’t received my order though, I just hope that these wheels won’t give me any issues along the way.
You can always return them if they don’t work for you, thanks for reading my blog, it really means a lot.. cheers.
Hey durbany, I was wondering which wheels should I buy that will not attract dog hair, my dog is always in my office and the previous caster wheels that came with the chair were attracting do hair, which wheels would you recommend that will not attract dog hair in the future?
Durbany: get the lifelong wheels… the reason I recommend the lifelong wheels is because I personally use these wheels as well, these are my favorites.
I have two dogs, they are always in my office and I have never had any issues with them, they haven’t attracted dog hair at all.
I purchased the lifelong ones, very good wheels, they glide just fine on the carpet.
To anyone who is thinking about getting the lifelong caster wheels, these don’t work on IkEA chairs.
I bought these wheels for 6 of my work colleagues because there is seven of us sharing the same office and no one has complained about these wheels.
Our office has thick carpet and these wheels glide smoothly, they don’t get stuck at all, they were also very easy to install, you wont even need any tools when putting them on the chair.
Hey, am looking for caster wheels that have locks on them, none of these wheels have locks… what must I do? I don’t want my chair to keep sliding while I’m working. What wheels should I buy?
Bro, none of these wheels will make your chair slip.
These wont moves unless you move the chair purposefully, none of these wheels needs locks, they don’t slide unless you move the chair.
Get the lifelong wheels. They glide smoothly.
The lifelong casters will help keep your office chair from sliding around even if you have slippery floors such as hardwood, laminate or vinyl.
Read the lifelong customer reviews on amazon, none of the customers have complained about these wheels slipping.
You wont regret getting these wheels bro, you can always return them if they do not work for you… you really don’t have anything to lose.
The lifelong, Owl, Saddox and the opttico are exactly the same, the only difference is the name tag…
I think that these four caster wheels are made from the same manufacture and then all these different companies are just putting their logo and make it sound like they were made by them.
Most of the products listed on amazon are basically coming from china then Companies in the State put their brand names to fool us customers by making us think that these products are made here in the State.
To anyone looking for long lasting casters that also won’t tear your carpet, I would say that, out of all the six casters listed here, I would recommend the lifelong wheels.
The reason I recommend the lifelong casters is simple because I what I also use on my office chair and they are great so far. Have been using these casters for about 8 months now and they still glide and roll smoothly like the same day I started using them.
Totally agree with you bro… these are quite the same lol. I had a really hard time trying to describe each, I have tested all of them, but I kinda liked the lifelong.
I have carpet with short hair and I don’t know which wheels will work best for me, can you tell me which wheels are good for carpet with short hair? Im really lost, please help. Thanks.
get the seddox caster wheels. The seddox description has stated that, their wheels are great on carpet with short hair.
Hey durbany, great post as always but all these wheels are the same.
I checked all the descriptions of these wheels on amazon and there is really nothing different from each.
I’ll get the lifelong ones since a lot of people are also recommending them plus they have quite a lot of positive reviews and a lot of people have given them about 5 stars.
I have been looking for replacement wheels for like two days now and amazon has basically the same thing with a different name.
My office has laminate floors and carpet, so I guess the lifelong ones will do the job for me. Great post as always, enjoy…
To anyone looking for wheels that doesn’t make noise than the 8t8 is that you should buy.
The original wheels that came with my office chair kept making annoying noise when I was gliding the chair, that has never happened since the day I started using the 8t8 wheels.
They roll quietly and also glide smooth on the carpet.
What I mostly love about these wheels is that, they are a very strong rubber, not just any rubber but soft PU rubber, which means they are safe even on sensitive floors such as hardwood.
Another thing that makes these wheels attractive is that they are transparent, they will definitely match any office chair design.
Lifelong are the best caster wheels on the market right now, I’m fully behind these wheels, I have been using these wheels for over a year now and nothing can be compared with these wheels.
Yes, there are a lot of other high-quality caster wheels available on the market right now that you guys can choose from but, I personally believe that the lifelong casters are the best of the best.
The lifelong caster wheels will work with all floor types, these wheels will even glide smoothly even on graveled concrete floors, what more can you ask for?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)