My dining room has smooth concrete floors, it extremely slippery.
I have two large area rugs, both kept sliding, so I needed something that could help keep the area rugs in place.
My mom told me to try a double-sided tape, so I tried it but it left residue on my floors.
After trying a double-sided tape with no luck, my sister in-law told me to try a rug pad.
After talking to my sister, I went to amazon to look for a high-quality rug pad that could help keep my rugs from slipping.
After browsing amazon, I stumbled upon a really nice high-quality rug pad that worked exactly as I hoped. It keeps my rugs from slipping and also makes the rugs a bit comfy.
The rug pad is called Mohawk home Dual surface Non-slip Rug pad and it does the job very well, buying it was worth every penny.
I didn’t buy it just because my sister in-law told me too, I only bought it after reading the customer reviews since a lot of people were also highly recommending it.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS ON AMAZON, just so you can here what other people who are also using this rug pad are saying.
You are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people who are using this rug pad are also highly recommending this pad.
Is this rug pad safe for smooth concrete floors?
Yes, it is very safe, I also have super smooth concrete floors and it works perfectly.
What awesome about this rug pad is that, it works on all types of hard surfaced floors.
It works on the following floors:
- Concrete floors
- Hardwood floors
- Tile floors
- Vinyl floors
- Laminate floors
- Marble floors and a lot more
What are the pros and cons of using this rug pad on concrete floors?
- It makes your area rugs look a lot more expensive
- Its high quality but cheap at the same time
- It easy to clean, you can just spot clean it with water
- It doesn’t wear or tear easily
- It won’t ruin your expensive floors over time…
- Your area rugs are going to be a lot comfy
- My dog loves to take a nap on the floor, well he enjoys sleeping on the dining area rugs because this rug pads makes the rugs soft and cozy
- It quite large and heavy, so it doesn’t fit on a washing machine, other than that, I do not have anything to complain about simple because it does exactly what I needed…. It keeps my rugs in place
How much does it cost?
You really don’t have to worry about the price thought because this rug pad is very affordable but also high quality at the same time.
You are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on this pad… it is worth every penny!
What are the things that I love about this rug pad?
- One thing I’ve learned is that all rugs benefit from a rug pad, my rug is less expensive but now it looks a lot more expensive plus it makes my home looks stylish.
- I’m so pleased with this pad, I replaced it under my rug it feels like walking on a cloud, it hasn’t budged an inch since I installed this rug pad.
- The rubberized backing keeps the rug exactly where you place it, keeping it from creeping out of place with heavy traffic.
- This rug pad measures 1\4” thick and is the thickness I prefer, if your pad is too thick, spike heels or even furniture legs can tear right through finer, more delicate rugs such as silk, also if a pad is too thick it can cause people to trip because of the height difference from the floor.
- This rug pad is safe for older people, kids and pets because once you have installed the pad your floors won’t be slippery anymore, the rug wont move causing your family members to fall especially if your floors are too glossy or if you have concrete floor that is too shiny, I highly recommend this rug pad.
- This pad is 8”x10” but it can be trimmed to the size needed I’ve also trimmed mine so that it can fit my rug and I did a pretty amazing job while trimming this pad, trimming it is so easy, I personally recommend trimming a pad at least 2” smaller than the rug on all sides to prevent people catching their toe on the edge of the rug, to make things easier it also easy to trim this pad with utility scissors.
- Once you have installed this rug pad your carpet wont slide at first I was worried that it would end up marking our concrete floors but so far there are no permanent markings on our floors, we do pull it up every couple of months and clean under it, we just do our normal mopping and it comes up and our floors look good as new.
- Once I placed this pad underneath it was noticeably softer and cushioned, what I loved the most I received this rug pad folded neatly in a big box and when I unfolded it there were no wrinkles or bubbles I just fell in love with this rug pad it was surely love at first site… even my kids are happy that I purchased this rug pad they love the comfort it brings to our rug.
- There was absolutely no odor in this product, I’m sensitive to smells and would have noticed any off gasping so I’m very happy that there are no chemicals sensitive smell to this rug pad because even my kids are sensitive to smells so I am very pleased with this rug pad, I would definitely recommend this rug pad and it very affordable its surely a bargain for the price, this rug pad has really been a great pleasure to use.
- I have also purchased another rug pad for the kid’s playroom, this pad is doing a great job of keeping the rug in place… I’m very pleased! It makes walking on the rug very stable and comfortable plus this pad is high quality I couldn’t be happier.
Where to buy?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (email@example.com)