I have used both a rug gripper and a rug pad, based on my personal experience, a rug pad is 10 times better than a gripper simple because a rug pad has a lot to offer than just keeping a rug in place.
Rug pads are a bit expensive that is why some people prefer using rug grippers.
The problem with rug grippers is that, they are not easy to remove and removing them can end up ruining your floors.
If you are looking for the best way to keep your rugs from sliding, than you need to get a Mohawk Non-slip Rug Pad simple because it has a backing that will prevent your rugs from moving plus it makes rugs much more comfy.
10 things that I hate about using a gripper under rugs
- Rug grippers doesn’t work on carpet, rug grippers are great only on area rugs, and grippers certainly won’t work on carpet.
- Rug rippers also don’t stick to the back very well, they are not cheap and they are not designed for long term...
- Rugs have different backings, grippers do not stick to some rugs even though it sticks to the floor.
- what I mostly hate about using a gripper is that, if you want to clean the floor, you will need to use a butter knife to pry the gripper off, that can damage the floor over time
- grippers don’t work very well on rugs that are on high traffic areas
- a gripper is also not very good on engineered hardwood floors or laminate floors because it will remove a layer from hardwood floors when trying to peel it off
- if it works, it won’t last for long... it will unstuck from rugs after a few days especially if that rugs is on high traffic areas
- removing the gripper adhesive is a pain, it not easy at all, you will need to wipe it with a wet cloth in order to loosen the adhesive or you will need to use a rubbing alcohol to prevent the adhesive from damaging your floor
- a gripper will ruin both your rugs and floors over time, I tried to pull the gripper off my rugs and gripper stuck to my hardwood floor, it damaged my floor finish, plus the rugs would not come apart from the grippers, my rugs ended up with holes being ripped into them, I had to get rid of my expensive rug
Is a rug pad really better than a rug gripper?
Yes, CLICK HERE TO READ CUSTOMER REVIEWS FROM AMAZON so you can hear what other people are saying who are also suing this rug pad.
What are the things that I love about this pad?
- High quality pad it’s a felt fabric on top and non-skid rubber on the bottom, the thickness adds a nice cushion to the carpet but not too thick that it makes the furniture wobbly or anything like that, it also adds the right amount of softness to the rug.
- This is a great rug pad one side has a rubber-like grip and the other side is soft, you can use either side for your particular needs, it does not slip and it provides a low height pad under the rug, beautifully thick and perfect for the area rug on my new hardwood floors.
- This pad feels so plush under the rug, there is no slipping on the floor at all, and it feels like it won’t damage the hardwood floor underneath it, this is really a great value and the price is very affordable, before I purchased it I compared several different rug pad alternatives and I’m so glad that I got this one.
- I’m very pleased with this product, it provides good cushion, it does not shed or start to come apart like others I’ve purchased before I highly recommend and would definitely buy again.
- It very easy to cut if it too big for your area rug, it have much quality than the rubber waffle that I had before… when you cut it make sure to use regular scissors and it adds nice amount of cushioning, definitely keeps area rug from sliding on wood floor.
- One thing I’ve learned is that all rugs benefit from a rug pad, my rug is less expensive but now it looks a lot more expensive this pad makes my home look stylish I’m so pleased with this pad, I replaced a plain flat pad under my rug it feels like walking on a cloud, it hasn’t budged an inch since I installed this pad.
- Once you have installed this rug pad your area rug wont slide, at first I was worried that it would end up marking our hardwood floors but so far there are no permanent markings on our floors, we do pull it up every couple of months and clean under it, we just do our normal mopping and it comes up and our floors look good as new.
- Once I placed this pad underneath it was noticeably softer and cushioned, what I loved the most was that I received this pad folded neatly in a box and when I unfolded it there were no wrinkles or bubbles I just fell in love with this rug pad straight away… it was surely love at first site!
- This rug pad is great, we wanted to get them because the rug pad that we were using was slowly ruining our hardwood floor… I was unsure if these will not damage y floors but I decided to give it a try and they e perfect exactly what I’ve been looking for and great quality.
- I also have to purchase another rug pad for the kid’s playroom, this pad is doing a great job of keeping the rug in place, and it makes walking on the rug very stable and comfortable.
How much does it cost?
You really don’t have to worry about the price though, it very affordable also high quality at the same time
Where to buy?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)