Hey guys, I hope you are doing good.
So, a lot of you have asked me, what is the difference between a rug pad and a rug gripper.
Well, in this article I’m going to explain everything that you need to know about the two.
Both can help prevent area rugs or carpet from sliding or slipping.
But, what the difference between the two?
- A rug gripper was made and designed to keep rugs from sliding and also prevent rugs from curling.
- A rug pad was designed to also keep rugs from sliding but also add cushioning to help make area rugs soft and comfy.
A rug pad and a rug gripper both do the same thing, which is, help avoid slipping accidents and make rugs stay in place even on high traffic areas.
Rug grippers are cheap because the only thing they do is to keep rugs from sliding or curling.
But a rug pad is a lot more expensive since it does way more than just keeping a rug in place.
Rug pads will add cushioning to rugs, keep rugs from slipping and also make rugs look a lot more expensive because of the added thickness.
An area rug that has a rug pad underneath is extremely soft and comfy.
Do I recommend a rug pad or a rug gripper?
Well, a rug gripper is great for short term, if you want to stop rugs from sliding because you are planning to have a party, then a rug gripper will help keep your rugs from slipping even when there are a lot of people stepping on it.
But, a rug pad is a for a long term, if you want to keep your area rugs or carpet from sliding forever than a rug pad is what you should get.
If you have a cat or a dog that likes to sleep on the floor than a rug pad is exactly for you because it will make your area rugs soft and comfy to help your pets enjoy taking a nap on your rugs.
I have a 3-year-old German shepherd dog, he loves sleeping on the floor, now, he only sleeps on the dining room area rug because it has a rug pad underneath…
What do I recommend between these two?
If you are looking for a short-term solution then get a rug gripper.
Which rug gripper do I recommend?
The only strong high-quality rug gripper that wont ruin your floors over time is the Double Sided Washable Anti Curling Corner Carpet Gripper.
If you are looking for a long-term solution to keep your rugs from sliding than get a rug pad
Which rug pad do I recommend?
The only high-quality premium rug pad that I personally recommend is the Mohawk Home Dual Non Slip Rug Pad because it works on all floor types.
So, it really depends on what do you want…
Rug grippers are great but not for people wo are looking for something to last for five years.
Why do I recommend the Mohawk rug pad?
- Because it is the only rug pad that I use under my area rugs
- It keeps my area rugs in place
- It safe to use on all types of floors
- It safe on hardwood floor
- It safe on vinyl floor
- It safe on engineered hardwood floor
- It safe on bamboo floor
- It safe on lvp floors
- It works on tile and marble floor
- It also works on concrete floors
- It high quality
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- It is ¼ inch thick, it adds cushioning without adding too much height on the rug
- It is easy to clean, I just spot clean it with water and wipe it with a cloth
- It makes rugs a lot comfy
- It also makes rugs look a lot more expensive
- It doesn’t have any bad smell
- It easy to cut or resize
- It is made here in the United State
- It was designed to be used with all area rug types
- It won’t discolor your floors over time
- It gives you a plusher feel when walking on the rug
- It has a high-quality brown rubber backing to keep rugs in place even on high traffic areas
- The side that faces the rug has a rough feel to grip the rug and hold it tight
- It will prevent trip hazards that are accidentally caused by the heels of the shoes catching on the edge of the rug
Is thig Mohawk rug pad really worth it?
Yes… I have been using it for quite a long time now and it has never given me any issues.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying about this rug pad.
What made me buy this rug pad was the customer reviews since a lot of people were also high recommending it.
If you are looking for a long-lasting high-quality rug pad than the Mohawk is exactly what you should get to make your rugs comfy and keep them from slipping.
What are the pros or the things that I do not like about this rug pad?
Well, we all know that there is no such thing as a perfect product, this rug pad is definitely not perfect but I do not have a single regret from using it under my area rugs.
The only thing that I do not like about this rug pad is that, you cannot wash it using a washing machine, other than that I really don’t have anything that I do not like about it.
How much does it cost?
Well, it not expensive but also not cheap, anyone can buy it without breaking the bank… it is worth every penny.
But it much cheaper when buying it online from amazon…
I have tried using rug grippers to keep my rugs from slipping and it did work but I personally prefer a rug pad just because it does a lot more plus a rug pad makes area rugs look a lot more expensive.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (email@example.com)