A rug pad is good for long term and a rug tape is good for short term… both are great and both can do a very good job in keeping the area rug in place, it really depends on what you want.
|Capability||Rug Pad||Rug Tape|
|Keep the area rug in place||Yes||Yes|
|Add cushioning to the rug||Yes||No|
|Life Span||10 to 20 years||4 to 8 months|
|Thickness||1/4 inch thick||0.17 millimeters|
|Temperature Range||Can handle any heat||-16 - 85 degrees Celsius|
|cost||It expensive||It cheap|
|Leave sticky Residue||No||Yes|
|Floors||Can handle any floor||Can’t handle concrete|
|Backing||Rubber or felt backing||Adhesive backing|
|Prevent trip hazards||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to Size||Yes||Yes|
|Reduce Wear and Tear||Yes||No|
|Shock absorbency and comfort||Yes||No|
|Extends Life of Rug||Yes||No|
|Safe on pets||Yes||Yes|
|Add style to the rug||Yes||No|
|Works on all rug sizes||Yes||Yes|
|Rug Tape or Rup Pad which one should you invest on|
Which rug pad do I recommend?
The only high quality rug pad that also doesn’t cost a lot of money is the Mohawk Non Slip Rug Pad.
This Rug pad works on hardwood floor, laminate floor, vinyl floor, tile floor, concrete floor, marble floor, engineered hardwood floor, bamboo floor and all hard surface floors.
The reason I highly recommend this rug pad is because I have been using it for over two years now and it has never given me any issues.
Which rug tape do I recommend to people who can’t afford a rug pad?
The only high quality rug tape that I personally recommend is the Xfasten double sided carpet tape.
This Rug tape works great on hardwood floor, engineered hardwood floor, laminate floor, bamboo floor, vinyl floor, marble floor and tile floor.
Caution: It doesn’t work on concrete floors.
The reason I recommend this rug tape is simple because it won’t leave residue and also won’t discolor your floor over time.
What do I recommend between a rug pad or a rug tape?
Well, I highly recommend a rug pad simple because it last way longer than a rug tape plus a rug pad has quite a lot of benefit.
What are the things that I love about the Mohawk rug pad?
- It reduces noise, it great for noise absorption
- It is easy to clean, you can vacuum it or spot clean it
- It makes the rug look a lot more expensive since it adds a nice cushion added layer
- It will make your area rugs last a lot longer
- it will reduce wear and tear to help increase the lifespan of your areas rugs
- it protect your floor from area rugs and protect your area rugs from the floor
- it is extremely high quality
- it not just another cheap rug pad from china, this rug pad is made here in the United State
- it will provide shock absorbency and comfort with a soft cushion foundation
- it makes the area rug comfortable, great for dogs and cats that love to sleep on the rug
- it great for kids that love to sit and play on the area rug since it makes the area rug a lot comfy
- it doesn’t smell over time
- it doesn’t leave a dulling residue on your floor
- it is very easy to resize, you can use scissors or a knife
- it can be used on all surfaces, vinyl floor, laminate floor, engineered hardwood floor, bamboo floor, tile floor and a lot more
- it keeps the rug in place
- it doesn’t discolor hardwood flooring over time
- it doesn’t discolor vinyl flooring
- it doesn’t discolor laminate flooring
- it is easy to use
- it doesn’t discolor bamboo flooring
- it safe on all types of hard surface floors
- it works on all floor types including concrete floors
- it protect the floor from rough carpet backing
- it is ¼ inch thick, which means it doesn’t add to much height to the area rug
- it helps prevent trip hazards accidentally caused by a heel of a shoe catching on the edge of the rug
How much does this rug pad cost?
There are hundreds of rug pads that you can choose from available on the market right now but please be careful when shopping for a rug pad because most rug pads can easily leave marks on your floor.
The reason I’m recommend the Mohawk Rug pad is because it safe on all floor types and it doesn’t leave marks behind.
The only thing that I can promise you about this rug pad is that, you are going to love it.
What are the things that I didn’t like about this rug pad?
Well, I have been using it for over two years now and I still don’t have anything that I do not like about it simple because it does everything that I needed from rug pad.
I have tried quite a few rug pads in the last two years but the Mohawk is by far the best high quality non staining rug pad I have ever used and I don’t see myself using anything else when it comes to securing my area rugs.
What are the things that I like about the Xfasten Double sided Carpet tape?
- It is easy to use
- It is the only carpet tape that wont ruin your floors over time
- It works on hardwood floors
- It works on laminate floors
- It works on vinyl floors
- It works on engineered hardwood floors
- It works on bamboo floors
- It doesn’t stain the floor
- It doesn’t leave a sticky residue over time
- It doesn’t smell over time
- It keeps the area rug in place, not matter how large
- It last for a very long time
- It easy to install
- Great for people who you are looking for a rug pad alternative
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money but high quality at the same time
- It will secure any areas rug even though it doesn’t add cushioning
- It is extremely strong, it great for areas rugs that are on high traffic areas
- It easy to peel off, you can peel it off by hand
- It provides excellent adhesion to both smooth and rough surfaces
- It provides utmost safety to kids or elderly by preventing carpet or areas rugs from slipping
How much does this rug tape cost?
You really don’t have anything to worry about though, this stuff is cheap but it works.
There are hundreds of different double sided tapes available on the market right now but most rug tapes will harm or ruin your floors over time.
The reason I recommend the Xfasten double sided carpet tape is because I also have used it on vinyl floors and it was great…
I personally believe that, this carpet tape is by far the best one available on the market right now simple because it works and it doesn’t discolor the floor over time plus it doesn’t leave residue on hardwood floors.
What are the things that I don’t like about this double sided carpet tape?
There is no such thing as a perfect carpet tape lol, all tapes have pros and cons or downfall.
The only thing that I didn’t like about this rug tape was that, it doesn’t work very well when using it on concrete floors.
This rug tape will prevent your carpet, area rugs and mats from slipping without spending a lot of money on a rug pad.
Is this rug tape safe to surface finishes?
Yes, it strong and very sticky but it won’t ruin your floor finish, you really don’t have anything to worry about.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using this rug tape.
You are going to love the reviews since a lot of people are also highly recommending it, which means it really does work.
Before buying this rug tape, I was skeptical at first but the reason I bought it was because of the customer reviews since a lot of people were highly recommending it as well.
Who should buy a rug pad?
You should buy a rug pad if:
- If you want to protect your carpet, mat or area rug from wear and tear
- If you want to make your area rug more comfy
- If you want to protect your hardwood, laminate or vinyl floor from your area rug rough backing
- If you want to prevent your carpet or area rugs from leaving scuff marks on your floor
- If you want to make your floor last longer since we all know that some area rugs can damage vinyl, laminate or hardwood floor over time
- If you want to prevent your carpet or area rugs from staining your vinyl or laminate floor
- If you want to protect laminate, hardwood or vinyl floor from gel pro mat
- If you want to protect your vinyl floor, hardwood floor or laminate floor from water hog mat
- If you want to protect your floors from latex backed rugs
- If you want to protect your vinyl floors from PVC rugs
- If you want to protect your vinyl floor from polypropylene area rugs
Who should buy a rug tape?
You should buy a rug tape if:
- If you want to stop your mat, carpet or area rug from slipping for a short term
- best for people who are going to have a party and want to keep the rug in place in order to prevent the guest from slipping
Do I recommend a rug pad or do I recommend a rug tape?
I personally would recommend a rug pad just because it will last you for a very long time plus it does way more than just keeping the rug in place.
A rug pad is great for noise absorption, it makes a rug more comfy, it will make your carpet feel more substantial and richer.
Please note: sometimes rug pads can cost more than the carpet, the reason for that is because it will make the carpet go from feeling cheap, stiff or thin… it will make the carpet feel like high quality.
The rug pad will add additional thickness and softness that is lacking in your area rugs… it a great investment.
Where can you buy the Mohawk non slip rug pad for a much cheaper price?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)