Residue, residue, residue… we all hate it, isn’t it?
Well, almost everyone that I know who have hardwood floor always complain about residue.
So, what is the best way to get rid of residue on your wood floors?
There are hundreds if not thousands of ways to remove residue on wooden floors. but today, I’m going to tell you what I personally believe is the easiest way to do it.
I’m not going to beat around the bush, I’ll just go straight to the point…
So, what the easiest way to do it?
Mmmm, you can’t wait to hear what I’m going to say don’t you… hahahahaha lol.
Well, you are only going to need one thing, so what is that one thing?
Just use denatured alcohol… that all, really? Yes, that is all you need. But don’t use just any denatured alcohol, you need to be very careful when shopping for a denatured alcohol because most can easily ruin, damage or discolor your expensive hardwood floors.
So which denatured alcohol do I recommend?
The one that I recommend is the Klean Strip Denatured Alcohol, why? Because I have been using it for over 8 months now and it works like magic.
This won’t just remove that annoying sticky residue from your floor but it can also remove dried paint from hardwood floors.
I have used it to remove carpet padding from my hardwood floors and I also have used it to remove rug pad marks.
Why do I recommend using a denatured alcohol when cleaning sticky residue from your hardwood floors?
Simple… because it works and it is by far the easiest way to do it.
A lot of people will tell you to mop your floor using vinegar but please don’t waste your time on that, why? Because I also have tried vinegar and it didn’t work.
I have cleaned my hardwood floors with vinegar before and it was great but when it comes to removing sticky residue, just don’t waste your time on it because it doesn’t work and vinegar kind of makes the house smell like a chemical factory.
I have a sensitive smell, I hate strong cleaners that why I don’t see myself mopping my hardwood floor with vinegar because it smells horrible.
Is it really safe to use denatured alcohol on hardwood floors?
Yes, just make sure to use the Klean Strip Denatured Alcohol.
I think I’m the only person online who recommends using denatured alcohol to clean residue from wooden floors, everyone says the same thing…
*everyone recommends using vinegar* but it doesn’t work, trust me... I’ve used it and it was useless.
Why do I recommend using the denatured alcohol?
- Because I also use it and it works… it removes grease with no build up
- It best for people who want immediate result
- It easy to use, just apply it on the floor and wipe using a soft cloth
- It safe
- It burns sticky residue from wood within seconds
- It safe to use on laminate hardwood floor
- It safe to use on vinyl hardwood floor
- It safe to use on bamboo hardwood floor
- It safe to use on engineered hardwood floor
- You can use it on all types of hardwood flooring
- It doesn't have a strong smell, it great for people who have sensitive smell such as myself
- Using it is easy as 1.2.3
- You won't need to mop
- You won't need to scrub
- You don't need to mix it with anything, just apply it on the floor and wipe
- It won't discolor your floor
- It won't leave residue
- It won't cause any build up
- It won't ruin your floor over time
- It also won't damage your expensive floor
- It will remove all the sticky greasy residue from your floor within seconds
- It cheap but it works
- you can use it to remove dried paint from your wood floor
- You can use it to remove rug pads marks
- You can use it to remove carpet stains
- You can use it to remove old carpet padding stuck on your wood floor
- It doesn't have toxic chemicals that could damage your skin
- You can use it to take off sticker from plastic
How much does it cost?
I’m really not sure about the current price because amazon changes their prices quite often.
Does the denatured alcohol really work?
Yes, it does…
I know you have probably stumbled upon a video or an article that have told you to mix 1 cup of vinegar with a gallon of water but please just forget about that AND TRY THE Klean Strip Denatured Alcohol.
IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME…
I’m very lazy. I always look for ways to make my life a little bit easier and removing residue from hardwood floor can be a pain, that why I ended up using the denatured alcohol and it worked like magic.
So, what are the pros and cons of using this denatured alcohol from Klean Strip on your hardwood floor?
- It makes things a lot easier
- It makes removing residue a simple task
- It doesn’t leave any smells after using it
- It cheap and it works
- Easy to use
- It leaves no streaks
- Removes paint, residue, rug pad marks, carpet padding and anything that is stuck on your hardwood floors
- Please believe me when I say, this stuff won’t give you any issues. *but don’t drink it because you are going to die *
- The only thing that made me mad was that, the person that delivered it left it in my drive way… I think they should hire a new delivery person lol.
So where to buy?
I also bought it from amazon that why I recommend buying it from amazon, I’m really not sure if it available offline… I tried looking for it locally but I didn’t find it on any hardware near my house.
Please note: I’m not against using vinegar to remove residue on your hardwood floors, but why use vinegar when there is a much easier way to do it? I hope this article was helpful, good luck.