You need to wait 48 hours before putting back the furniture after your hardwood floors have been refinished and make sure to put PREMIUM X-PROTECTOR NON SLIP FURNITURE PADS on all your furniture feet in order to prevent the furniture from denting your fresh floors.
Some people will tell you that, you need to at least wait 24hours and some expect will tell you to wait 36 hours, well as a hardwood floor professional myself, I personally recommend waiting 48 hours.
Furniture can easily dent newly Refinished hardwood floors, you need to invest on felt furniture pads if you want to increase the lifespan of your floors.
Refinished floors is extremely sensitive, that is why you need to use felt pads as soon as possible or else your floors will have visible marks.
There are a lot of different types of furniture pads, but I only recommend felt pads after refinishing your hardwood floors because felt is safer since t won’t discolor you floors over time.
Amazon has hundreds of felt pads but I only recommend X Protector Pad simple because this were made and designed for hardwood floors plus they were made for heavy duty.
These felt pads are super strong, they can handle almost all types of furniture, and you can use them on couches, sofa, chairs and a lot more.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying about these felt pads… you are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people who have hardwood floors are also highly recommending it.
These pads are not only for newly Refinished hardwood floors, they works on all types of sensitive floors…
If you want to prevent your furniture from denting your floor than these pads are exactly what you should get, they are easy to install and they last for a very long time.
- You can use them on laminate floor
- They also work very well on vinyl floor
- They help make your hardwood floors last longer
- They won’t leave scuff marks, that is why I highly recommend them for people who have marble floors or tile floors
Things you need to consider after your hardwood floors has been Refinished:
- Do not walk on the floor for at least 24 hours, don’t walk with your bare feet, make sure to wear socks to prevent foot prints and make sure to never walk wearing shoes for at least 4 days or else you are going to be very disappointed.
- Please give your floor enough time to dry and cure, there is no need to rush, just relax and wait for at least 4 days... I know four days is going to sound stupid but trust me, I’ve been doing this for over 2 years now.
- If you have kids, make sure to tell them to not walk on the floor with bare feet for at least 5 days, they need to wear socks in order to prevent permanent visible foot prints
- If you have pets such as dogs or cats, you need to find a way to stop them from entering the room that has just been refinished…
What is the best way to increase the lifespan of your newly Refinished hardwood floor?
Well, there are a lot of ways to increase the life span of your floors such as using a high quality Harwood floor cleaner.
But the only thing that really damage wood floor is furniture, furniture can easily dent or leave marks on your floors that is why I always recommend felt furniture pads to anyone who have hardwood floors.
How much do the felt furniture pads cost?
These are extremely cheap, you really don’t have anything to worry about, they affordable but high quality at the same time… these are by far the best way to keep your furniture from leaving scuff marks on your hardwood floors.
Don’t let the price fool you by thinking that these are garbage, these are cheap but high quality, very strong, they were made for heavy furniture that is why they last.
These are made here in the United State, not unlike the garbage felt pads that are coming from China.
Why do I recommend X protector felt pads?
- They were designed for hardwood floors but they also work with laminate or vinyl floors or any other hard surfaced floors
- They also keep the furniture in place, if you have furniture that keep sliding and leaving marks than these pads are your best option
- They stick to the furniture, they have a strong adhesive to keep them from falling whenever you live up the furniture while cleaning, sweeping or mopping
- The side that faces down to the floor is non staining rubber that is safe for all types of hardwood floors… it won’t stain your floors and also won’t discolor your floor over time, I’ve had this pads for quite some time now and they have never given me any issues
- They are high quality but they are very cheap, by far the cheapest high quality pads available on the market right now
- If you don’t like them for whatever reason, you can return them and they will give you a full refund… what more can you ask for?
- They don’t come off easily, that is why they are great for chairs as well since they don’t come off when moving the chairs around
- the adhesive is safe, they won’t leave sticky residue on your furniture when you remove them
- they are easy to cut just in case they are too big for your furniture, you can easily resize them using scissors
How to install these pads?
- You need to make sure that your furniture feet are clean, make sure to wipe them using a wet cloth and get rid of all the dirt and peel and stick them to the bottom of your furniture legs… easy as 1,2,3
Where to buy?
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (email@example.com)