When I was a kid, my mom used to use Hydrogen Peroxide for almost everything, and she still kinda use it still today.
My wife recently bought a big gallon of it, she uses it on almost everything in the house, it good because it is an antiseptic but is it really safe to use if to clean your hardwood floors?
Well, I’ve used it for about once on my dining room wood floors and it kinda worked when it comes to removing food stains.
But is it safe for long term? Well, hardwood floors are very sensitive and you need to be very careful when it comes to cleaning product.
Hydrogen Peroxide is definitely great but I personally wouldn’t recommend it for long term.
Why I’m against cleaning your hardwood floors using Hydrogen Peroxide?
Because it wasn’t made for hardwood floors and it was definitely not designed for cleaning strong stains.
Hydrogen Peroxide definitely won’t damage your wood floors instantly but it will definitely discolor your floors over time.
What is the best hardwood floor cleaner that wont ruin your floors over time?
I’m only going to recommend the cleaner that I personally use on my hardwood floors.
The cleaner that I use is called Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner and it freaking works like magic.
4 reasons I personally don’t recommend using Hydrogen Peroxide on your hardwood floors
- Number one, it was not made or designed to clean hardwood floors
- Hardwood floor needs a cleaner that was made and specially designed for it to prevent discoloration
- It definitely wont help make your wooden floors last longer, it is very important to use a cleaner that was specially made for hardwood floors if you want to increase the life span of your expensive flooring
- Believe it or not but I’ve heard from a few people who have told me that it kinda discolored their wood floors over time… so be careful
Using Hydrogen Peroxide once a while definitely won’t discolor your floors but using it now and then will definitely ruin your floors over time.
I’m not saying this to scare you but I’m saying this because there are a lot of high-quality hardwood floors cleaners that are cheaper than Hydrogen Peroxide, so why waste your time and money on it?
Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner is very cheap, just get it, I’m pretty sure you can afford it.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK THE CURRENT PRICE ON AMAZON, so you can see how cheap it is, and guess what? It is by far the best hardwood floor cleaner available on the market right now.
I’ve been using the Bruce for about two years now and it freaking works like magic, it great on both hardwood and laminate floors. You really don’t have anything to lose.
You usually find Hydrogen Peroxide in the first-aid kit at home, and there are so many extra uses for it but none is using it to clean your wooden floors.
It was made for taking care of wounds and scrapes or burns, it great for that, why use it to clean your expensive floors? Why take the risk.
Using Hydrogen Peroxide on your floors is not a big deal, yes. but my mother used to tell me that things that may look harmless can also ruin you in the long run. Trust me, she was right.
Why do some people think that Hydrogen Peroxide is great when cleaning floors?
Well, it because it does work very well when it comes to cleaning your wounds, you put it on your wounds and it helps bubble up any of the bacteria or dirt right to the surface and it really keeps things clean to help keep your wounds from getting an infection.
But hardwood floors don’t have wounds, your floors have dirt, grime, sand, marks, food stains, or pet stains and sometimes even smelly pet urine. Hydrogen Peroxide was not meant to get rid of that.
Guys, I hope I don’t sound like a Hydrogen Peroxide Hater.
In this article, I may sound a bit like a hater, I honestly don’t have anything against Hydrogen Peroxide but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone for cleaning floors.
It does clean wounds and it also may disinfects so many other things too, but it won’t shine your floors and also wont remove ugly tough stains stuck on your hardwood.
Will the Bruce Cleaner get rid of tough stains on your floors?
Heck yes, the reason I only recommend Bruce is because it does work for me, if it works for me than It should also work for you too. So try it.
The only thing that I can promise you about the Bruce cleaner is that, it does work, you won’t have a single regret from using it on your floors.
What are the things that I love about Bruce?
- It smells great, this may sound too good to be true but it freaking smells amazing
- Great thing about Bruce is that, it good for people who hate strong cleaners, it doesn’t have a strong smell at all, it mild and awesome
- It will get rid of all the tough stains, you won’t need to use Hydrogen Peroxide
- It makes your home feel and smell like a million dollar home, who doesn’t like a house that smell good?
- It was made here in the United State, it not just another cheap cleaner from China that may ruin or discolor your hardwood floor over time
- It was specially made for hardwood floors, do you know what that means? It means, they made it to help increase the life span of your floors, I’m pretty sure you want your floors to last longer
- it will help make you hardwood floor look kinda brand new, lol, it really does
- another super awesome thing about Bruce cleaner is that, it won’t make your floors too glossy and also won’t make your floors slippery
- it safe on both kids and pets, if you have a cat or a dog than this cleaner is exactly what you should get, I’m pretty sure your hardwood floors will thank you for it
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS just to hear what other people are saying about the Bruce cleaner.
You are going to be amazed by the reviews since a lot of people are also highly recommending it, which means it really does work.
I’ve heard about the Bruce cleaner from my Boss, then after talking to my boss I went to amazon just to check the reviews.
I was very impressed with the reviews, this cleaner had a lot of 5 star ratings and a lot of people who have hardwood floor and laminate floors were highly recommending it.
I didn’t buy it just because my boss told me too, I only bought it because a lot of people were also highly recommending it.
What are the things that I do not like about the Bruce hardwood floor cleaner?
Well, there is no such thing as a perfect floor cleaner, this cleaner is definitely not perfect but it does the job way better than the previous cleaners I was using.
It better than Bona… not that I hate Bona as a brand but their hardwood floors cleaner is garbage. *I hope they won’t sue me for saying this*
Where can you buy Bruce wood floor cleaner?
Guys, I know that choosing a hardwood floor cleaner can be somewhat overwhelming since there are hundreds if not thousands of cleaners that you can choose from, but please take my advice and try Bruce…
What do you have to lose? It cheap and it works…
Still thinking about using Hydrogen Peroxide?
I hope not, only use it for cleaning wounds not your floors lol.
Rather than using Hydrogen Peroxide, I would use Vinegar…
1 big reason to not use Hydrogen Peroxide on your floor
Hydrogen Peroxide is great for cleaning bacteria, but it also kills the healthy cells around the wound, do you know what that means? It means it will ruin your hardwood floors over time, it will slowly but surely discolor your floors.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always contact us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)