Rubber backed rugs can look stylish, beautiful and harmless to the eye but I’m sorry to disappoint you, rubber backed rugs can slowly ruin and discolor your vinyl plank hardwood flooring over time.
My wife bought a very good-looking stylish rubber backed up area rug for our living room, I was very happy with the rug because it made my living room look stylish.
I soon was disappointed after I realized that the rug was discoloring my hardwood floor than I immediately bought a rug pad.
If you have a rubber backed rug and want to use it on your vinyl plank floor than you need to put a rug pad under it so it cannot damage your wood floor over time.
Whether you like it or not, rubber backed rugs will slowly but surely discolor your wood floors, that why using a rug pad is very important in order to protect your vinyl hardwood floor.
What is the best rug pad for vinyl plank flooring?
The only rug pad that I personally recommend is the Mohawk Home Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad simple because it is what I also use and it does a great job in protecting my vinyl plank floors from my rubber backed rugs.
Why do I recommend this rug pad?
- It prevents rubber backed rugs from discoloring the hardwood floor
- It adds cushion to the rug
- It makes the rug comfy
- It makes the rug feel soft to the feet
- It is ¼ inch, this is good because it makes the rug feel soft without adding too much height to the rug
- It great on vinyl plank floors
- It great on laminate hardwood floor
- It good on bamboo hardwood floor
- It also very good on engineered hardwood floor
- It easy to use
- It easy to cut or resize
- It is super high quality
- The felt material used on this rug pad is extremely strong which means the pad is going to last you for a few years to come
- It is highly recommended by rug manufactures
- It is highly recommended by hardwood floor professionals
- It is easy to spot clean, you can spot clean it with water
- It makes cheap rugs feel and look expensive
- It helps increase the life span of your rugs
- It makes your hardwood floor last longer since it prevents rugs from discoloring or damaging your floor
- It helps reduce trip hazards caused by shoe heels
- It is not too thick and also not too thin
- It doesn’t scratch the wood floor
- It was made and specially designed for hardwood floors such as laminate and vinyl plank floors
- It is by far the best rug pad I have ever used
- It doesn’t cost a lot of money
- My dog love to sleep on my area rugs since the day I started using this rug pad because it makes the rug more comfy
- My kids also love to play on the living room area rug because it is very soft to the feet
- It doesn’t tear or wear off easily
How much does it cost?
Whether you think that this rug pad is expensive or you think it cheap, the only thing I can promise you is that you are not going to have a single regret from spending your money on it.
For me buying this rug pad was worth every penny that is why I highly recommend it to people who have hardwood floors.
What makes this rug pad different from other rug pads out there?
Well, there are a lot of rug pads to choose from these days but the reason I recommend the mohawk non slip rug pad is because it is what I use and it freaking awesome.
I have used about 3 different rug pads that I bought from amazon but they scratched my floor.
Some rug pads can also ruin your hardwood floors over time, that is why I only recommend the mohawk non slip rug pad just because I have been using it for over 5 months now and it great.
What are the things that I don’t like about this rug pad?
The only thing I don’t like about it is that, you cannot wash it on a washing machine because it just too large.
The only way to clean it is to vacuum it or wash it by spot cleaning it with water.
Other than that, I don’t have anything that I don’t like about this rug pad… it does way more than what I expected that is why buying it was worth every penny.
CLICK HERE TO READ AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS so you can hear what other people are saying who are also using this rug pad on vinyl plank floors.
The only thing that made me buy this rug pad was the customer reviews just because a lot of people who have hardwood floors were also highly recommending it.
Is this rug pad easy to cut?
Yes, you can cut it or resize it using scissors.
What are the pros and cons of this rug pad?
- It protects your hardwood floors
- It doesn’t come with weird odor
- It sound proof, which means it will reduce the floor noise
- It was carefully made with material that won’t stain, trip or ruin your hardwood floors
- It is too big to wash on a washing machine
Things that you need to know before buying this rug pad:
Please make sure to cut it 1 inch less than the size of your rug in order for it to remain hidden under your rugs.
Other than that, there is really nothing else to know, it easy to cut and it laid flat within minutes after I took it out of the box.
Where to buy?
Please note: don’t buy it offline because it cost twice as much, make sure to buy it online from amazon so you can get it for a much reasonable price.
I also bought it from amazon, it was delivered on time, it was packaged well and I saved a few bucks by buying it online… I’m very happy with my purchase.
Comment Section Hey home owners, we have closed the comment section due to a large number of spam comments… thanks for all your support. You can always connect us here (firstname.lastname@example.org)